Why become a member? ×

SOLD £550 Japan 75 reissue jazz with US pickups in ash plus rosewood with blocks - perfect condition

Geek99

[b][size=6]NO TRADES PLEASE [/size][/b][b]sorry to shout .. [size=2][b](except maybe a roadworn in sunburst with maple in good condition)[/b][/size]

[size=4]Immaculate with no flaws at all. [/size][/b]

I'm advised that this has US pickups and wiring. It's clean and the board has been lemon-oiled. Its a lovely piece of rosewood with superb grain.

Body is single piece ash and it weighs 4.7kg/10.3lbs so only 200g more than a jap 62 jazz (200g is about the weight of a DVD and case).

It's very quiet as far as noise goes but the pickups are very full sounding.

Far as I can tell the bass is 100% original. Neck is straight and has new strings 45 - 105. I've checked the neck relief and its a textbook (see fender website) 0.30mm at the eighth fret (with first and last frets held), and there is clearly free travel left in the truss rod. The action is down to a textbook 2.8mm on low E and 2.4mm on high G (measured at the 17th). Action at the 12th is around 2mm according to my ruler.

Niceguyhomer has seen this and played it

Pics:

Would much prefer meet or collection from near j28 of M1

Will ship if need be, in a disassembled state inside a big strong box as I don't have a hard case.
This will be by 24 hour signed-for courier at a cost of around £12 plus insurance unless you want to arrange your own

I think this is easily worth £550 as its absolutely perfect. More pics and details on request, please specify what you want and I'll do whatever I can to assist. No silly offers please, you know it's worth at least what I'm asking

Please see my feedback thread, I'm also selling a 62 reissue jazz, see link in my signature.

please PM me (stating "75 reissue" or somesuch) as I don't seem to get all notifications. Thanks

Edited by Geek99

• 2 weeks later...

new pics showing
1. plate holes for tugbar and cover.
2. closeup of neckplate - advised that there are three-screw and two-screw, one bolt variants. Also shows microtilt
3. closeup of wood grain to show its single piece.

I used to have one of these with a maple board, and it was a fabulous bass to play. If it'd had a rosewood board like this, I never would have parted with it...

Good luck with the sale - if I had the beans, I would be seriously tempted by this!

[quote name='Simon.' timestamp='1363617966' post='2014790']
I used to have one of these with a maple board, and it was a fabulous bass to play. If it'd had a rosewood board like this, I never would have parted with it...

Good luck with the sale - if I had the beans, I would be seriously tempted by this!
[/quote]still loving it Simon, especially the rare 70's spacing

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1363707865' post='2016275']
still loving it Simon, especially the rare 70's spacing
[/quote]
Wandering a bit O/T here, but I'm glad you're still enjoying the bass. Didn't think I would miss it quite as much as I do!

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1364121583' post='2022011']
Mystery to me - its immaculate, shiny, all original and keenly priced :|
[/quote]

It's a fantastic price, for a rare bass non-export Japan Fender in superb condition.

It's a total mystery.