Why become a member? ×

Sold: NOS Fender Custom Shop 64 Jazz Bass: Sold

Old Horse Murphy

Due to ongoing work commitments I'm not gigging as frequently as I was, so am reluctantly putting my Fender Custom Shop New Old Stock 64 Jazz Bass (plus case, all the Candy, certificate and lifetime warranty with Fender Custom Shop). It's in a wonderful Sea Foam Green (my favourite colour!)

This bass is superb and is easily one of the best basses I've had the pleasure in playing. It weighs approx 8.5lbs and apart from a few very small pin-prick size dings (not through the paint) it's in wonderful condition.

It also has Abigail Ybarra hand wound pickups which sound like nothing else on this earth! It comes with the original white pickguard plus a Fender 62 Reissue Tortoise Shell pickguard too.

The NOS range are basically Custom Shop Basses made exactly the way they were back in the day (same paint, construction techniques, materials etc). The body is Alder.

This cost me £2,300 about 6 months ago, so I am looking for £1,700 for this. I am not looking for trades, but would consider something like a Musicman SR5 or SR4 Unlined Fretless in p/ex but would look to clear a minimum of £1,000 cash too.

Here are some pics. I'll take more later.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy