Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 2010 Fender American Deluxe P Bass: SOLD

Old Horse Murphy

I bought this recently but another recent acquisition means that something has to go (I mean, who needs 4 P Basses!!)

It's in superb condition apart from some minor swirling on the pickguard and comes with the official Fender case.

It has also been fully shielded and is now quiet as a mouse from a humming perspective. It weighs in at just over 9lbs.

This is the new style Fender USA Deluxe series with the P/J configuration. The EQ is superb and it also has a Passive tone pot too.

I am looking for the following in a trade:

- A decent lightweight combo (IE Markbass) plus some cash my way
- Stingray 5 string
- Rickenbacker 330
- Fender USA Strat and combo
- Quality electro-acoustic guitar
- Epifani UL310/410 plus cash my way

Trade value I would put at £800-850. At a real push I'd consider selling this and will get pics up ASAP. In the meantime, this is the stock pic from the Fender website and the bass looks identical and just to confirm it's in wonderful condition.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='fermented grooves' timestamp='1360636087' post='1973886']
I am sure it will sell. That's the kind of bass I want + need, they don't turn up often in this colour, at this price, and in this condition :(

One day...
[/quote]

I've not heard back from the guy who viewed it one way or the other, so drop me a PM if you're tempted :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='StuartB' timestamp='1360689270' post='1974762']
Whoops- that was rude. Sorry Nick - It's a fab bass and I really liked it! Lots of versatility, great build qual., warm traditional tones. But for entirely trivial reasons involving a scrooge like attitude... not for me.
[/quote]

@StuartB, what did you mean by "not for me" and "scrooge like attitude"?

[quote name='fermented grooves' timestamp='1360732640' post='1975530']
@StuartB, what did you mean by "not for me" and "scrooge like attitude"?
[/quote]

I meant that as a mediocre player with 4 kids I was struggling to justify spending £800 on myself for an admittedly great bass that I'd just used for plank spanking in the office rather than a tool for gigging where I need a 5 or the usual 6 string. If not for my conscience I would have bought it right away - I loved it and there was nothing not to like other than the voice in my head! Which probably sounds a bit strange, but there you are...

Nick - this is a dream bass for me! And having been very happy with the previous two I've bought from you, I have every confidence that this'll be a good one too...

Quite unbelieveable that it should have come up at exactly the same time as another instrument I've been looking out for for ever. I've made an offer to buy something else, but if that falls thro, I'll be snapping your hand off for this!

OHM,

silly me, i was patiently waiting the price of the shipping in my mailbox, not a "sold" flag in this thread.
I do understand the inconvenience of selling and shipping abroad if you can sell it to your neighbour. But i do not understand the kind of behaviour.

Hope you made a good business.
Greetings.