Why become a member? ×

Animals bass blowout

KevB

Popped down to see The Animals last night as Steve Cropper was joining them for the second set. However halfway through the first set the Ashdown bass amp caught fire, lots of burning electrics type smell mixed with ozone and a big cloud of smoke out of the back, I don't think I've seen this happen with a major act before, quite exciting! Don't ask me what model it was,I'm hopeless at that sort of stuff. It was replaced with a backup SWR and all went well for the rest of the gig. Wasn't a bass player i recognised, Peter Barton or Barden? Very good singer as well as bass player, looked to have an old P bass with plenty of wear on it, sounded great for that type of stuff.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1358940097' post='1947266']
Yeah - Pete Barton. He's a bit of an agent / manager as well. Puts lots of gigs on.
[/quote]

I just checked out his myspace site, he does seem to have done lots of band organisation/managing as well as performing as you say. Not sure I'd want it known if I'd been in Lieutenant Pigeon though ;)

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1358940110' post='1947267']
Blimey! :blink: I read somewhere that one of The Shadows bassists was electrocuted and killed when his amp short circuited! I don't think it was a live gig thank God!!
[/quote]
John Rostill - in his home studio.

Edited by EssentialTension