Why become a member? ×

The other Ruach bass for sale! lol

harleyheath

Hi,
Here this is the other Ruach Bass Guitar for sale, again ex display, this is the Savannah model.
Its a 35" scale, String spacing at bridge is 18mm and at nut is 10mm.
It has a 5 piece flame maple an mahogany neck, flame maple body with burr redwood top in gentleman's club brown high gloss, the fretboard is indain rosewood.
The EQ is a John East deluxe, the controls are - volume/blend, bass/treble, mid/mid sweep, switches are active/passive, P/U select in passive and a coil tap
The hardware is - Hipshot style A bridge in brass an gold, gotoh tuners, strap locks, polished brass nut.
Pick ups are two twin coil hums in matching wood.
Neck is a full 'C', balance is good, string tension is soft/medium.
The action is 2mm on the B string, 1.75 on the G, relief is 0.35, sound at flat EQ is warm & rounded with lovely mids, has a great B string, again the sound has huge scope with this EQ.
Condition is good with one small ding, 2mm, slight, I might polished it out, has no fret wear.
Has new strings and set up and comes with a hiscox liteflie case.

Price is £1000

Im in corby, east midlands, should you wish to come and give it a whirl. I do travel to london/essex a fair bit should that help.

Thanks for looking, don't hessite to call or mail if you would like any more info to to come and have a play, thanks again.

Edited by harleyheath

[quote name='Bassdude BE' timestamp='1359231923' post='1952043']
Anyone here ever played one of these?
they look the part,but i have no idea how they sound/play...
[/quote]

I have - this very one, in fact. Sounds good, the neck on this one is rather chunkier than I like. Heath's other bass for sale wasn't finished when I visited so I didn't feel what the neck was like with strings on, but it's a shallower neck profile than this one. They are lovely basses.

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1358872728' post='1946359']
very lovely indeed!

The angle of the a string as it passes over the nut looks quite extreme, I'm sure it's fine but it 'looks' harsh in the pic
[/quote]

I thought that too. looks odd. Although there doesn't appear to be very much string around the post either which isnt helping

Hay everybody, thank you for your comments!!

I don't have any sound clips of this bass (sorry) but here is a couple of clips of one of my basses, it gives a general idea at least.

http://youtu.be/2mwq8aE2f98

http://youtu.be/vGnkPNW3gC0

hope this helps a bit.

Bit of a typo on my behalf, the pickups are two humbukers.
The headstock angle is 11 degrees, I never put too much string on the post, its 2 on the 'B' then 2.5, 3 and the last two 4 winds.

Thank you again.

Heath

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1359304967' post='1952773']
I thought that too. looks odd. Although there doesn't appear to be very much string around the post either which isnt helping
[/quote]Plenty of string on there. The less the better, within reason of course. More string on the post certainly wouldn't affect the angle of the A which I agree is a little sharp but I cant imagine it would have any adverse effects.

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1359365553' post='1953453']
Plenty of string on there. The less the better, within reason of course. More string on the post certainly wouldn't affect the angle of the A which I agree is a little sharp but I cant imagine it would have any adverse effects.
[/quote]

It does look worse than it is, but I have done a headstock redesign, to give a near straight string pull, still I love this shape better, lol. I love your headstocks, flipping lovely!

A lovely bass indeed and typically I have a weekend off so I cant gig it until.thurs!
I have to say it was very difficult to choose between two lovely basses which both have great balance and necks (headstock angle completely normal) and fantastic electronics which im going to need a while to really exploit.
Heath, top guy to deal with, excellent communication and very down to earth. Which I shall repeat in the feedback section!
Will link you to my website and send.details over of my address in a bit. Glad you liked the carl thompson too B-)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='steverickwood' timestamp='1359828677' post='1960924']
A lovely bass indeed and typically I have a weekend off so I cant gig it until.thurs!
I have to say it was very difficult to choose between two lovely basses which both have great balance and necks (headstock angle completely normal) and fantastic electronics which im going to need a while to really exploit.
Heath, top guy to deal with, excellent communication and very down to earth. Which I shall repeat in the feedback section!
Will link you to my website and send.details over of my address in a bit. Glad you liked the carl thompson too B-)
[/quote]

Hi Steve.
Nice to hear your positive comments about Heath and Ruach bass guitars. I have ordered a custom short scale bassed on his Alpha design.

Dave

Edited by DPrice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...