Why become a member? ×

I want to play the Piccolo!!

Mikey D

I can't wait to try one of these bad boys...

Although, I'm not a fan of the actual look of the amp, including those handles on the front, but you just know it is going to sound mean!

600w at 4ohms and 9" wide * 8" deep * 3" high.

Nice.

Well, it looks like Eden were one of the first with their WTX-260 but the competitors are managing much more power in roughly the same size (and I think in this case slightly smaller). Obviously if it sounds like crap then there's no point but I have a feeling they won't sound like crap!

[quote name='ahpook' post='201890' date='May 19 2008, 01:19 AM']eventually amps will end up like mobile phones...you'll end up losing then down the side of the sofa !![/quote]
I look forward to the day when I can dematerialise me and my mouse sized amp to a gig and sit back and watch the computer read out of the score projected onto the back of my retina firewired into my brain via USB 68 and play my still made of wood bass, to an audience that is not necessarily there.

What's bonkers is the fact that Walter Woods has been making amps like this for over 20 years - but the mass manufacturers have only just realised that an amp that fits in your gig back front pocket is a desirable thing for the gigging musician.

[quote name='The Funk' post='202223' date='May 19 2008, 04:06 PM']What's bonkers is the fact that Walter Woods has been making amps like this for over 20 years - but the mass manufacturers have only just realised that an amp that fits in your gig back front pocket is a desirable thing for the gigging musician.[/quote]

Or is it that until recently only Walter Woods had worked out how to make this possible?

Alex