Why become a member? ×

*edit*

dlloyd

OMG!!! I have this on video somewhere! Remember seeing it when I was a teenage oik!

The BBC ran a few nights of documentaries, including this Arena episode, a US documentary called 'The Decline Of Western Civilisation, Part 2' directed by Penelope Spheeris (not entirely sure what Part 1 was!! lol) and, Guns n' Roses - Live at the Ritz.. one of their best performances.. when they were young and still 'hungry for success'!! - I seem to recall there was an Ozzy Ozbourne concert and something to do with Maiden as well.

You don't see decent stuff like that on TV these days!!

[quote name='dood' post='201833' date='May 18 2008, 11:18 PM']The BBC ran a few nights of documentaries, including this Arena episode, a US documentary called 'The Decline Of Western Civilisation, Part 2' directed by Penelope Spheeris (not entirely sure what Part 1 was!! lol) and, Guns n' Roses - Live at the Ritz.. one of their best performances.. when they were young and still 'hungry for success'!! - I seem to recall there was an Ozzy Ozbourne concert and something to do with Maiden as well.[/quote]

Part 1 was called the Punk Years and dealt with the US punk scene (bands such as the Ramones). I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be pretty decent. Part 2 is considerably more well known and a classic, must-see documentary. If only for the sight of WASP's Chris Holmes pouring vodka on himself, while floating around on a air-bed in his mum's swimming pool.

This was (and still is ) classic viewing. I can still remember it without even watching it!
the parts that i still think on are Bruce talking about Gene Simmons' stuffed codpiece, napalm death playing you suffer, Tom Araya trying to spin his head off, and the kids skipping in a circle 'dancing' to Nuclear Assault.
Even as i type, i remember even more.
It was great then and even better now!

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='202002' date='May 19 2008, 11:28 AM']This was (and still is ) classic viewing. I can still remember it without even watching it!
the parts that i still think on are Bruce talking about Gene Simmons' stuffed codpiece, napalm death playing you suffer, Tom Araya trying to spin his head off, and the kids skipping in a circle 'dancing' to Nuclear Assault.
Even as i type, i remember even more.
It was great then and even better now![/quote]

+1 to all of the above, with the addition of Bill Steer and Shane Embury (of Napalm Death) justifying Lee Dorian's vocal style with the statement that vocals like Joey Belladonna (High-pitched Anthrax wailing) wouldn't sound right with their music!!

An absolute classic. All of it. Nice to see Ozzy playing with nearly half a bag of marbles, too!!