Why become a member? ×

GONE...SORRY! Thanks for all the interest.

okusman

With a heavy heart, I put this masterpiece up for sale. Bought in the Autumn from Bass Direct, this is a very serious piece of kit that will be your forever bass. After 12 gigs, I realise that it's not mine. Having faffed and farted about for months, I was convinced it was right for me.... The bass was born 9th February 2011, (my birthday!) and spent the first 18 months not leaving the house. I then bought it and have looked after it very carefully! Mark has very kindly allowed me to reuse the pictures he took...nothing has changed. The proper Roscoe case might have a few more scuffs, but that's its job.
In this realm, I think we're talking collection/delivery only. £3k to replace her....yours for the bargain price of £1799. That's Century Standard money for something rather special.

There is no scary secret with this bass, as I explained to Mark today, "it's just not right for me". Buy with 100% confidence.

[b]TRADE OPTIONS: 4 string, 'jazz' sound, slim neck...[/b]
[b](Definite 'no' Alembic, Precision, anything 'pointy', club neck / thumpy sounding ...cue abuse!)[/b]

Mark

Specification:[list]
[*]
[color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]SKB 3005 - Five string [/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Swamp Ash Body[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Exhibition grade Cocobolo top - £350 upgrade[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Finish - Natural high gloss[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Select Maple/Purpleheart/Maple neck, steel and graphite reinforced[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Fingerboard - Bird's eye maple - £150 option[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Cocobolo 12th Fret inlay - £50 option[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] 35" Scale - 24 fret[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Bartolini 3-band pre amp with volume, pan, treble/bass stack, mid/mid freq select push/pull (250/800hz)[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Bartolini CB Pickups[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Black ultralight tuners[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Black Hipshot A style bridge in Aluminium[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Roscoe hard case - £100 option[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0433FF]•[/color][color=#2B2B2B] Weight: 9lb 10oz/4.35 kgs[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[*]
[color=#E6E6E6][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=126385:roscoe 002.jpg] [/size][/font][/color][attachment=126386:roscoe 003.jpg [attachment=126387:roscoe 004.jpg] [attachment=126388:roscoe 008.jpg]
[*][attachment=126389:roscoe 001.jpg] [attachment=126391:roscoe 011.jpg]
[/list]

Edited by okusman

New pics now added.
I would be interested in a quality fretted Status (not Kingbass/Streamliner) as part p/x.

I am happy to listen to cash offers...but within reason.
I've polished her up, and she is locked away in her case until you take her away.
Mark

Edited by okusman

[quote name='Gordon Thudmaster May' timestamp='1359922088' post='1962145']
Go on Donovan! You know you want her!
[/quote]

Hi Gordon,
i already thought i would find you here.. :D

[size=4]and you're absolutely right btw, i NEED TO BUY this bass!! :gas:[/size]
[size=4]Now that my SSII sold today it's becoming harder to resist every time i look at this topic, but at the moment i'm still a few 100£ short i'm afraid,[/size]
[size=4]BUT if someone buys the Epifani cab that i still have for sale here on the forum (hint hint... :P) i might get there and make this beauty mine forever! B)[/size]

[size=4]Have a bump from a big Roscoe fan![/size]

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1360698564' post='1975025']
It's mine!!!

You know what they say..."you snooze..you lose.."

Cheers Mark...
[/quote]

Wow, congrats on your purchase, that's one gorgious Roscoe you just bought! ;)
I just closed the deal on a Century std.5 (wich was the only Roscoe bass that i could afford anyway...),
so thanks for bringing an end to the G.A.S.-attacks i had every time i saw this custom beauty! :D[size=4] [/size]