Why become a member? ×

BBC Radio 1

ryan_waf

Found out yesterday that one of my band's (We Are Fiction) tracks will be played on daytime BBC Radio 1 each day next week (starting Monday 21st), on different shows throughout the week. This is pretty big for us, being unsigned and self-managed, so any support anyone wants to give by tweeting (@BBCR1), texting (81199) or writing on their Facebook page ([url="http://www.facebook.com/bbcradio1"]http://www.facebook.com/bbcradio1[/url]), if you like the track would be amazing.

Here's the schedule for what shows it will be on;
Monday: Sara Cox (10:00-12.45)
Tuesday: Greg James (16:00-19:00)
Wednesday: Dev – early b’fast (04:00-06:30)
Huw Stephens’ midweek show (Wednesday Midnight-02:00 Thursday morning)
Thursday; Scott Mills (13:00-16:00)
Saturday: Huw Stephens (13:00-16:00)
Sunday: Gemma Cairney (07:00-10:00)

Here's the song if you wanted to check it out before the radio play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m9kdO_dK0U

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1358432770' post='1939016']
Congratulations!

My band is looking to step up the promotion for our next single - which Plugger/PR Agency did you use for this?
[/quote]

No plugger or PR for this, was purely through our local (Cambridgeshire) BBC Introducing passing our tracks over to the main Introducing team, and them liking it enough to give us this opportunity - more luck than anything else.

Thanks for the congratulations, we're rather happy about it ourselves.

[quote name='ryan_waf' timestamp='1358433724' post='1939042']
No plugger or PR for this, was purely through our local (Cambridgeshire) BBC Introducing passing our tracks over to the main Introducing team, and them liking it enough to give us this opportunity - more luck than anything else.

Thanks for the congratulations, we're rather happy about it ourselves.
[/quote]

Even more congratulations are due then.

It's a pity then that Nottingham's version don't much like my band...

Congratulations on the airplay. Hopefully the song is registered with PRS so you will get a few quid for being played on Radio 1.

I know how hard it is to get daytime plays on Radio 1. A few years back I recorded a single B side and a download only track for Ben Volpelierre-Pierrot from Curiosity Killed the Cat. His record company employed top PR to get the necessary promotion and despite very good figures from DJs across the country and local radio stations (comensurate with a potential top 10 single according to the PR company) Radio 1 and Radio 2 refused to play it, so the song never ever charted. To get played on daytime Radio 1 as an unsigned band with no PR is a great achievement. The best my studio has ever got from Radio 1 is plays on specialst shows e.g. Fabio & Grooverider.