Why become a member? ×

Ebay rant #21478566

Pow_22

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1357647651' post='1925846']
I'd go to the second highest bidder on this one - sounds like he could be a pain in the backside, and should arrange his own courier as you clearly stated your postage terms. No way should the onus be on you to go and get quotes for him to approve, and 2 mins before an item closes is taking the mick!

Best of luck with it! :)
[/quote]

this.

you stated collection only, so you should be able to ignore the highest bidder -seems like a pain to deal with, I suspect you might have problems in the future with him too- and go with the second guy.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1357658672' post='1926151']

Yeah, that's what I thought, but I think Geek99 was meaning the OP was in danger of a slagging off the buyer for not completing, or at least that was my interpretation.
[/quote]

Yup, exactly my buyer didnt pay for six days then ignored all communications. Only paid when i, under eBay advice, asked to cancel so I could second chance. They refused. I sold the item to a friend, the non paying buyer was still able to neg me and eBay did nothing. They always protect the buyer except perhaps in the most extreme cases - they literally get away with murder

Have been on the receiving end of a lot of sour grapes feedback, so always talk to eBay and always use the "report buyer" option . My feedback % is totally f£&ked thru no fault of my own
Beware

[quote name='thepurpleblob' timestamp='1357657946' post='1926126']

As a seller you can't leave negative feedback. It's been like that for a while now.
[/quote]
Yes although you can write "beware" in capital letters, and report the buyer to eBay and block them

That's about it, very skewed playing field

had exactly this issue with a very heavy 4 x 10 which sold to a pr*ck from Hungary! It clearly stated collection only on the item, he then asked me to pack it (!) as he would arrange a courier. This was for a 50 quid sale. I said no, he left negative feedback which i managed fairly easily to get taken down by ebay as my terms of collection were clear. As stated above, you cant leave negative feedback but you can leave positive feedback but leave a warning or sh*tty comment IN CAPITALS in the comments section which other ebayers had already done to this guy.