Why become a member? ×

New Kit Richardson Music & Video - TRUST

xilddx

I keep meaning to comment on one of these threads, love her stuff, it's so dense with ideas and little quirk, brilliant to hear that in this area of the musical; spectrum. Her phrasing is just mind boggling, especially combined with the speed and pitch acrobatics. Can't wait to hear a proper quality version of this, there's some crazy stuff going in the the second instrumental bit with the strings and the whispery vocals and maybe a synth, but it kinda gets lost under the swirly tinniness of the youtube bitrate unfortunately, I'll definitely be giving the EP a listen.

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1357698694' post='1927012']
I keep meaning to comment on one of these threads, love her stuff, it's so dense with ideas and little quirk, brilliant to hear that in this area of the musical; spectrum. Her phrasing is just mind boggling, especially combined with the speed and pitch acrobatics. Can't wait to hear a proper quality version of this, there's some crazy stuff going in the the second instrumental bit with the strings and the whispery vocals and maybe a synth, but it kinda gets lost under the swirly tinniness of the youtube bitrate unfortunately, I'll definitely be giving the EP a listen.
[/quote]

Bob, that's a wonderful testimonial, thank you mate!

Excellent stuff, really like what you lot have done there.

The only thing I would say about the mix is the vocal line is just a touch sibilant, fine for one or two tracks (and works fairly well in this case) but over an entire album could be a bit tiring on your ears :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate! Interesting, I don't find it sibilant, but I think my ears are shot above about 15k :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1357724876' post='1927140']
Excellent stuff, really like what you lot have done there.

The only thing I would say about the mix is the vocal line is just a touch sibilant, fine for one or two tracks (and works fairly well in this case) but over an entire album could be a bit tiring on your ears :)

Keep up the good work!
[/quote]

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1357731510' post='1927303']
Loved it Nige. Love the song. Loved the humour. I get so bored by moody videos.
It's the first thing in weeks that's coaxed me out of my recent internet fatigue.

Your shirt's a bit dodge though....
[/quote]

:D Cheers Ad!

We have a moody vid in the pipe so I'll warn you in advance ;)

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1357804020' post='1928518']
Good stuff - The Video looked like it was a right hoot to be involved with.
Kit has a good voice, good luck with it all.

Garry
[/quote]

Thank you very much Garry :) The vid was a right laugh and also very heartwarming having some fans involved too!

We might be touring a bit this year, so if you have any good ideas for venues or promoters I'd be really grateful :)

We've delayed the EP launch until late March/early April as we are rerecording a song we're not fully satisfied with. The launch will be at Bush Hall in West London, and http://mayflysmusic.com will be supporting us, they are ace!

Cheers! And thanks :)
Nx

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1358366107' post='1937981']
Was stuck at work and speakerless while this was doing the rounds, finally seen it.
Really brilliant stuff again Nige. Like this, hope it gets the recognition it deserves.
:)
[/quote]
Thanks Dave, that means a lot!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1358365881' post='1937972']
What size venues are you aiming for?
[/quote]
Mike, it will probably be smaller pub/club type venues that put on multi-band evenings, we are not looking to headline, just be one of four or so bands playing. We just want to get about a bit, but we need to try to cover expenses or at least some of them, but we recognise that's not always going to be possible.

Thanks mate.

Check out Band on the wall in swan st Manchester, really cool music venue have a lot of big name people on but also do some other stuff, worth contacting them and having a chat. They are really in to up and coming talent and if they like you I am sure they would put you on at some point, they many different things going on from gigs to workshops with fantastic musicians of all types. Great venue great people, no dickheads e.t.c.

Band on the Wall is a not-for-profit venue run by registered charity Inner City Music. They exist to present the best music from around the world and support their main stage events with a dynamic education programme which operates throughout the year - both in the venue and in the community and at local schools. They also set up stuff at other venues.

Also they put a lot of singer songwriter types on like kit, Sunday they offer free entrance and host a lot of acoustic singer songwriters

Link

[url="http://bandonthewall.org/"]http://bandonthewall.org/[/url]

Edited by Stephen Houghton

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1358368253' post='1938053']
Check out Band on the wall in swan st Manchester, really cool music venue have a lot of big name people on but also do some other stuff, worth contacting them and having a chat. They are really in to up and coming talent and if they like you I am sure they would put you on at some point, they many different things going on from gigs to workshops with fantastic musicians of all types. Great venue great people, no dickheads e.t.c.

Band on the Wall is a not-for-profit venue run by registered charity Inner City Music. They exist to present the best music from around the world and support their main stage events with a dynamic education programme which operates throughout the year - both in the venue and in the community and at local schools. They also set up stuff at other venues.

Also they put a lot of singer songwriter types on like kit, Sunday they offer free entrance and host a lot of acoustic singer songwriters

Link

[url="http://bandonthewall.org/"]http://bandonthewall.org/[/url]
[/quote]

Super! Thanks Stephen!