Why become a member? ×

How good are the hartke hydrive cabs!

0175westwood29

just doing my norm thing in a music shop today, ie trying out stuff i dnt need and in now way can afford but ran an orange all valve thru the hartke! christ i really am sold on the hydrive speaker now that ive tried all of the sizes, the 115 is beauty the 112 is just awesome but the power in the 810 is just silly! 2000w rms!

and it really does have a nice bark to it theres just enough bite and lots of lows!

basically i want one! but that may have to wait, ie untill my band is playing arenas!

hartke should really bring out a 212 or 412 hydrive i really think they would kill!

would seriously go and try them out people!

andy

I have a hydrive 810,to go with my lh1000. Sadly I'm not playing arenas but was cheap and I have a pick up to cart it about. It is lovely yes, always have my eye out for a 115 for smaller stuff. Had a drunken idea once to make the 810 into a 610 and a 210 but realised this probably couldn't be done. But yeah seriousley good cabs,and with all that power to boot I have no probs with people using it at gigs. Simon

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1357329348' post='1921268']
Love my Hydrive 410 - just sounds 'right'.
[/quote]

i know what you mean! i play with a pick and it reacts really well to the attack, also with my headlite i use the onboard compression to get things even tighter.

also love how the horns just work of a 3 way switch.

basically as you can tell im a fan!

andy

Why not try and get a hold of a 4x10 andy?

Should be a one cab solution, although a bit short (for me anyway I like speakers in the air near my head to deafen me.)

An 8x10 went on eBay a few days ago for no more than £200 with postage IIRC. I should of had it. It only weighs 55kgs I think too, so it's not at all heavy compared to some.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1357482013' post='1923157']
Why not try and get a hold of a 4x10 andy?

Should be a one cab solution, although a bit short (for me anyway I like speakers in the air near my head to deafen me.)

An 8x10 went on eBay a few days ago for no more than £200 with postage IIRC. I should of had it. It only weighs 55kgs I think too, so it's not at all heavy compared to some.
[/quote]

like i said im only window shopping as ive got a very nice pair of hartke cabs atm, but the 810 was just a lovely rig! took me back to my old 610hlf but was much clearer with a lovely attack and punch.

the 410 is nice but im only gonna change if my band gets a lot of gigs next year and i really do like the look of an 810! as i said if they made a 412 id be all over it! even a 212!

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1357485067' post='1923227']

the 410 is nice but im only gonna change if my band gets a lot of gigs next year and i really do like the look of an 810!

andy
[/quote]

Isn't 1000W enough for you? :P

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1357513003' post='1923963']
Dooooo iittt! Need a big house though,which I don't have

[/quote]

my house is small too but if im gigging all the time its an investment.

i know the tolex on these cabinet rips easily that one has clearly been thrown around a fair bit.

ive got a 410 and yes the tolex does rip easily but a quick DIY job and you could cover it all with tiger stripe fun fur or something but.............

when they sound fantastic .... who gives a flying f*ck about a few rips in the tolex :D

edit - dumb question of the day but having never played through an 810...is there any tone difference between an 810 and two 410's? :huh:

Edited by steve-bbb

I tried a 4x10 of these maybe 3-4 years ago and was un-impressed - it was a great sounding cab, as long as you wanted to go no lower than drop D at the lowest. I was in a drop-B tuned metal band at the time and so tried it out with a Stingray 5 and it just couldn't handle the low B, it wasn't great with a D either. Which was a shame as otherwise it was a great sounding cab - tight, rich and detailed just no good for my purposes.

So, as long as you're staying in standard tuning these things are great - you really do get a lot of bang for your buck with Hartke.

Edited by Graham

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1357586514' post='1924965']
I tried a 4x10 of these maybe 3-4 years ago and was un-impressed - it was a great sounding cab, as long as you wanted to go no lower than drop D at the lowest. I was in a drop-B tuned metal band at the time and so tried it out with a Stingray 5 and it just couldn't handle the low B, it wasn't great with a D either. Which was a shame as otherwise it was a great sounding cab - tight, rich and detailed just no good for my purposes.

So, as long as you're staying in standard tuning these things are great - you really do get a lot of bang for your buck with Hartke.
[/quote]

thats weird i play in standard d tuning and do some drop c with my metal band and the 115 and 112 combo stand up to the punishment lol, the 810 had a lovely sound when i tried might nip back and try it using my headlite and see if the 400w is enough to drive it! im sure it will be!

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1357602340' post='1925372']
thats weird i play in standard d tuning and do some drop c with my metal band and the 115 and 112 combo stand up to the punishment lol, the 810 had a lovely sound when i tried might nip back and try it using my headlite and see if the 400w is enough to drive it! im sure it will be!

andy
[/quote]

Do it.

How does the headlite sound btw??

Headlite is awesome for how small it is! Awesome eq, the aural enhancer is nice but its defeatable if you dnt like it. And the onboard compressor is very nice indeed!! And its frickin tiny!!!

Def gonna grab an amplite when i can afford it.

Ideally id wanna keep the hartke cabs ive got at the mo and add a 810 or maybe lose the 15 and get another 112 so that ive got a smaller rig for my pop punk band but its a long way of really.