Why become a member? ×

STATUS KINGBASS ARTIST...SOLD...

marcus bell

seriously can't believe I've got to do this but my car has just decided to kill itself lol so need new transport

This bass is my dream bass and its upsetting my putting it up but I have no choice! I HATE CARS!

Anyways it's a
Status kingbass artist
Aquamarine
19mm spacing
32 scale with bendwell

Practically plays itself and is in near mint condition :)

Want £1500 for this bass

Also comes in hiscox hardcase

I can't believe this!!!

For anybody who's thinking about buying a KB, I would seriously recommend this bass (It used to be mine)....what can you say about these basses??...play like a dream, weigh very little and they are very well balanced...don't assume that they're a 1 trick pony and only do the Mark King thing..they're far more versatile..

I'm very tempted to buy it back...all I need to do is sell a few bits first....

Anybody interested in anything in my sig??

Marcus..I would wish you luck with a sale, but that would mean I'm less likely to get it back..

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1356725058' post='1913016']
Bullshit, he wants the Alembic.
[/quote]

Even Mark King doesnt want the Alembic, not really.

Oh Mate! My heart goes out to you. I love the Matrix 4 you sold me. Like the man said 0% credit card......

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1356710091' post='1912773']
This bass will hold it's value many times better than a car ever will, unless it's a Bugatti Veyron you have. Do not do it Marcus! Ian has laid out all the alternatives above. Don't do it!
[/quote]

A couple of years ago a Veyron would cost you circa £1,000,000. Now, used examples are struggling to sell for £500,000. They depreciate like mad!

I recently sold my car for £350, a perfectly alright car that just sailed through its MOT. I'd never sell a bass that I loved to buy a car, I commute 3 days a week to university in London by train.
I have to walk a mile or so with a bass and a bag of books and maybe my macbook, catch a train to Birmingham and then the train to London, then the tube. Then I do the same in reverse going home.
I used to drive into Birmingham which saved loads of time and messing about, but decided it was a luxury that I didn't really need, and I could use the money I saved to buy basses :D.
Gigs I use my mom's car.

Good luck with the sale though, man :D, looks like you've made your mind up about it.

Edited by ianhowardbass

[quote name='marcus bell' timestamp='1356770677' post='1913330']
Exhaust hanger has snapped off the body, a cheap enough fix, but It won't go through another mot anyway so cutting my losses and selling it...
Won't be long and ill have another kingbass anyway :)

Always look on the bright side of life :)
[/quote]

You mean you couldn't pay a bodyshop a frankly extortionate sum of £20 to weld the exhaust back in place? Or have you been living on borrowed time because the car is a hound and would never pass an MOT for other reasons? Either way, you need to check Pistonheads for the Shed Of The Week feature. How to get a great car for £1000 or less...