Why become a member? ×

Cab Advice To Pair With GK 2001RB?

x_Morning_Star_x

Hi all, i recently purchased a Gallien Krueger 2001RB, i'm currently using a couple of cheapy behringer cabs and would like to upgrade, i have a 1x15 and a 4x10, the 4x10 is supposed to be 1000w but i'm not so sure as ive recently got a bit of a crackle in one of the cones since using this new head. Anyways i would just like to hear what your opinions on cabs are and experiences etc etc :-D

Not sure about that...as that is 540 into 2 ohms..?? so say something under 400 into 4..which is what each cab would have to be.??
I am sure you would get quite a sound out of it..but all that messing around for 400 odd watts....???

And depending the amps x-over capability..?? what do yopu really achieve..?
Best to hook up the bridged version if running both cabs..??

I have the 1001RB II and two Ashdown ABM410s but only ever need one. Absolutely love the sound. Very dirty when I dig in and cuts through like an extremely cutty thingy. You can pick them up for less than £200 second hand and I believe you could run 4 of these if you happen to playing the O2

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1356049503' post='1906354']
I have the 1001RB II and two Ashdown ABM410s but only ever need one. Absolutely love the sound. Very dirty when I dig in and cuts through like an extremely cutty thingy. You can pick them up for less than £200 second hand and I believe you could run 4 of these if you happen to playing the O2
[/quote]`

Actually, the GK 2001RB-II goes to 2Ohms per channel if you run it unbridged, so that's 8 8 Ohm cabs total. :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='x_Morning_Star_x' timestamp='1359315869' post='1953010']
Thanks for your replies :D out of interest are the which cabs out of the neos and the RBH are better? i dont really have much experience with GK,
[/quote]

the neos will be lighter, but i would see if you could try them side by side and let your ears decide

andy

+1 on Ashdown ABM cabs.

I used to have a 400RB and an Ashdown ABM410 and it shifted some serious air. Pretty heavy but I would happily deal with the weight to get that tone again. It sounded really dense and powerful; don't get me wrong I love my MB210, but I feel that lightweight bass gear lacks a certain strength to it.

If ever need a big rig again, I'll go for an RB rig.

Truckstop