Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Polytune Mini - doesn't work on bass!?

TRBboy

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1355572914' post='1900045']
Well the big one came and seems to work just fine in polyphonic mode, especially just as a quick check between songs.

I'm a little surprised that it doesn't mute when you click it on though!? It just reduces the volume slightly, is this normal?
[/quote]
My full-size Polytune mutes fully, but you do get funny noises (breakthrough from the digital tuning gubbins) if you keep it in line whilst tuning, so mine is now in a true-bypass loop (with no return signal ;) ).

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1355572914' post='1900045']
Well the big one came and seems to work just fine in polyphonic mode, especially just as a quick check between songs.

I'm a little surprised that it doesn't mute when you click it on though!? It just reduces the volume slightly, is this normal?
[/quote]
Not normal I'd say, mine mutes completely - it's in a send/return loop from my Ashdown/s & never hear a peep or a squeak from it when it's in or not in use.

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1354956582' post='1892286']
I appreciate that polyphonic mode probably isn't as accurate, but surely it's useful as a quick tuning check between songs, etc?
[/quote]

I think the tuner is far quicker in single string mode - I can whack through all 5 strings in a couple of seconds in single mode, but it takes 10 secs or so for me to get the poly properly registering all strings, and even then it's not very accurate.

I love mine as a tuner though, so fast an accurate I use it to help with my fretless intonation when playing live in a dark room by taking the tuner out from the back of the amp!

No problems with mine. It mutes just fine. One little niggle, when all the strings are in perfect tune and I use poly mode, the A string shows up as slightly flat. Having said that, it's really fast in mono mode and as I got it for less than £45 here on BC I'm as happy as larry.