Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 2001 Gibson SG-Z MEGA PRICE DROP to £600

neepheid

NEW EDIT: I really would like a Gibson Grabber 70s Tribute in cherry burst and it would seem they're selling out. To that end, I will reduce the price of this bass to £600, would love to keep it but I really have to do a one in, one out.

[b][size=5]WAS £750 NOW £600[/size][/b]

This rare bass was only made from 1998-2002 and it could be said to be the final SG/EB bass design (the current SG bass being short scale and more of a 60s reissue minus the varitone).

Specs:

Mahogany body, mahogany set neck, 34" scale, rosewood fingerboard, 20 frets, 2 individually coil tappable humbuckers.
Volume, Volume, Tone, a series/single/parallel switch for each pickup.

It's an amazing looking bass, and it's pretty versatile in the sound department with all the coil switching options. It is also absurdly light. It's in really good nick, a couple of small dings and a tiny bit of rash in the back of the body but nothing major. Everything is original save for one replacement coil tap switch. No case.

Soundclips: [url="http://www.ifb.co.uk/~matthew/mp3/sgz%20soundclips/"]http://www.ifb.co.uk...z%20soundclips/[/url] - sorry for these, McCartney I ain't.

Was £800, now £750

Here are the pics:

Action shot courtesy of Cat Reid:

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='bengovier182' timestamp='1354829635' post='1891089']
My lord this is one beautiful bass!
One question, can you play much slap bass on this thing?, EBs are notoriously not for slap, but this looks like you could be possibly.

Ben.
[/quote]

I wouldn't know, I can't/don't/won't slap :)

I would guess it's possible, there's plenty room between the neck pickup and the end of the fingerboard to get underneath, unlike most EB/SG basses.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1354824734' post='1891015']
Cool bass! Always had a soft spot for these.

Alas, nothing to trade and an impending 77 precision mean this is just a free bump!
[/quote]

Haha! I always have the same taste as Andy - I too think it looks damn cool, I'd be playing Black Sabbath tunes on it all day long!!

[quote name='bengovier182' timestamp='1355383270' post='1897536']
Bigsmokebass just posted a les paul bass for trade ;)
[/quote]

Heh, thanks for the headsup, but we've already been in conversation about it. Unfortunately, the SG-Z is not on his wanted list.

[quote name='bengovier182' timestamp='1355383270' post='1897536']
Bigsmokebass just posted a les paul bass for trade ;)
[/quote]

Cheers buddy, as Matt mentioned we've already discussed but I'd be more than happy to work something out with him if he manages to sell this beaut :D

BSB

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1355840667' post='1903458']
What's it sound like? Modern?
[/quote]

I hate describing how basses sound. I should do some soundclips. In the meantime, there are some clips on Jules' site: http://www.flyguitars.com/gibson/bass/2000gibsonSGZ.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...