Why become a member? ×

New band/my new rig/bass/awesomeness thread.

Jimryan

So,

I've been looking for a band for a while and joined and started a few threads on the subject recently. Answering ads, posting ads, etc. one guy emailed back a while back, but hadnt heard anything for a while. Until Friday. Can I make a rehearsal on Tuesday (tonight).

I've just got back. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was originally out to get into a funk set up, or possibly ska, this was neither. Was just your average indie project, but a touch heavier. The guys are great (1 vox, 2 guitars, drummer and myself),really keen and want to write new material and crack on with gigging. They were previously up and running with a growing local fanbase but stop a year ago due to personal commitments. Now they're re-forming with a new rhythm section and additional guitarist.

It was also quite an interesting night as it was the first time I could properly give my rig a thrashing to see what it could handle. My cabs loud and bassy, I know that, it's how I made it. My HH IC100L was good, but missed something. The Ashdown superfly, really struggled to power it (despite it only being a 1x15). However, the TC BH250, oh my, what an amp. Powered the cab with ease. Bass rattled, highs were high, and mids were cut, as that's how Iike it. As a result of my rig sounding how I've always wanted one too (well, nearly, needs a 10" driver in there somewhere), I had a chance to hear what my bass sounds like.

It's the first bass I've modded. I've mentioned it on here a lot. Though this was the first time I've "truly" heard it. It's fantastic. The basslines pick ups are awesome. Go get some. I don't care if you don't need them, just go get some. The quarter pounder gave me that amazing JJ stranglers tone, the MM bucker gave a mix of old school sting ray with plenty of Jaco bridge tone. Everything I was after.

All in all and amazing night which I've needed for a long time. Go buy yourself some basslines and a TC bh250 and look at my gear pics that I keep posting :-P also, these guys have a soundcloud thing "attack by man with stick" there's a link to it on their Facebook. The songs are pretty good and I'm going to bring an incubus S.C.I.E.N.C.E kinda bass feel to them when we get going.

[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/image-2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/image-3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/image-1.jpg[/IMG]

Steve G - so far, yes.

Gary Mac - you won't be disappointed, cut the mids slightly, a touch of bass, and the treble on 3 o'clock and you're away. Love mine so much I'm tempted to add a jazz QP at the neck as a "stealth" PU just to add that little extra.

Sifi2112 - Cheers dude.