Why become a member? ×

New Cab Day - Barefaced Super 12

omikin

So after a longer wait than I had initially anticipated (due to supplier issues beyond Alex's control), my Barefaced Super 12 arrived this afternoon.

Just getting it from the FedEx van I was amazed at how light it is. Massive tick in the box there.

Unpacked it and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the finish, after what some people have written about these cabs. Looks extremely well put together and finished, and tremendously durable.

Plugged in my OTB and my US Fender P, and had a bit of a play. Whoah! First thing I had to do was turn it down from the setting I usually had it on for my Matamp 2x12 (800w RMS). This thing is loud!

Turning the OTB down to about 1.7, I was worried I might lose some sound, but it was so clear, so warm. People's descriptions about these cabs putting out just what is put in are perfect to explain what it sounded like. I felt like I was hearing the Fender properly for the first time. Played and played with that and my Rick, and realised an hour had flown by.

Before getting this cab I was on the verge of selling the OTB and getting something else, but I think I just needed to hear it through the right cab. With the S12V it's a match made in heaven. And it looks fantastic too!

Had to call Alex and tell him how fantastic it is. Now our guitarist wants a guitar cab from him!≈

Possibly found a cure for GAS...?[attachment=123791:IMG_0646.jpg][attachment=123792:IMG_0647.jpg][attachment=123793:IMG_0648.jpg][attachment=123794:IMG_0649.jpg]

Used it at rehearsal last night and was really really pleased with it. The others in the band commented on how nice it sounded.

I can get such a nice tone from my OTB (have had the original valves swapped and there's a mullard in there now...) with this cab that I'm even considering getting shot of my Fender Bassman 100, as it seems like I would no longer have any need of it.

Never thought I would say that.

[quote name='omikin' timestamp='1352914937' post='1869361']
Had to call Alex and tell him how fantastic it is. Now our guitarist wants a guitar cab from him!≈
[/quote]

I dont know about the Super 12, but the Compact actually sounds awesome for guitar when driven by a valve amp.

[quote name='omikin' timestamp='1353314577' post='1873407']
Used it at rehearsal last night and was really really pleased with it. The others in the band commented on how nice it sounded.

I can get such a nice tone from my OTB (have had the original valves swapped and there's a mullard in there now...) with this cab that I'm even considering getting shot of my Fender Bassman 100, as it seems like I would no longer have any need of it.

Never thought I would say that.
[/quote]have you tried the bassman with it , love to no wot its like been looking at bearfaced to pair with a bassman

Edited by doghouse

[quote name='omikin' timestamp='1353357779' post='1874252']
@doghouse I'll take the Bassman down next Sunday to rehearsal and I'll report back.

I bet as soon as I've tried them together I won't want to part with the Bassman....
[/quote]cool cant wait for your report as i love my bassman but need a more managable cab

Edited by doghouse