Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash

yorks5stringer

[b]Loading In Details for Yorkshire Bass Bash[/b]

There is a lift, it’s just on the left as you come in to the entrance. Also, there is a door to the right of the lift leading to the basement where you will find some steel cages that you can wheel out to put your equipment in and then in to the lift and then in to the concert room.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='222115' date='Jun 19 2008, 01:31 PM']I'm still a maybe, but now I'm a definite maybe.[/quote]

Apologies to all, but I'm depping for a band and the first rehearsal is Sunday. I tried to get them to change it, but to no avail :)

It's thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, as I had it all planned out, visit to Jon Shuker, parents, Bass Bash. Bugger.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='227939' date='Jun 27 2008, 12:22 PM']Apologies to all, but I'm depping for a band and the first rehearsal is Sunday. I tried to get them to change it, but to no avail :)

It's thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, as I had it all planned out, visit to Jon Shuker, parents, Bass Bash. Bugger.[/quote]

Is it a large hex spanner (see Immersion Heater Thread)? Never mind, there will be others!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[b]DIRECTIONS TO VENUE[/b]

Once in Baidon Village, go straight around the roundabout heading past the Malt Shovel Pub on right. Take the very next right into the Co-op Store car park, the Copper Beech Club is above the Co-op. Loading in details above,(post #76) if you get to the turning by Websters Fish and Chip shop you have gone too far!

The Copper Beech Club,
31 Northgate,
Baildon,
SHIPLEY, BD17 6JZ
Tel: 01274 584091

Hopefully the last thread prior to the event!

Edited by yorks5stringer

Will be a bit of an hour long flying visit for me as I am on "dad" duty on Sundays but looking forward to it and hoping someone will give me a few tips on how to play the slap bit in "carwash" somewhat better than I currently do !!

Also hope someone has some Mark Bass equipment as I want to feel just how must lighter than my current gear it is.

Im really looking forward to it.

...Im not looking forward to the first time im gonna have to shift my new rig. Oh god, I got bored while packing it all up, thought id see how heavy the head is.. 7 Stone 2.
OMFG.

ooo, do we get name tags :) haha

Edited by Jobiebass

Have a great time folks. I would be there, but I'm doing a Sunday afternoon slot at Harrogate's Blues Bar.

I hope another Yorkshire Bass Bash happens, so I can make it. Maybe you can add comments on your experiences, on BC, so us absentees can see what we missed?

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='228741' date='Jun 28 2008, 09:47 PM']Im really looking forward to it.

...Im not looking forward to the first time im gonna have to shift my new rig. Oh god, I got bored while packing it all up, thought id see how heavy the head is.. 7 Stone 2.
OMFG.

ooo, do we get name tags :) haha[/quote]

yes, if you really want it sir.........

Hello all, I had a good laugh this afternoon and watched some excellent playing on instruments ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous (and no, I won't be drawn further on that)!

Just want to know who I met because I didn't really get many people's names ... I'm Nik, rotund with glasses and a tango'd orange Ibanez Doug Wimbish. The only names I caught were Chris Jobiebass and Dr Dave but I spoke to other people!! If you saw me there, help me make some connections between real people and online people!!

And thanks again to Keith for organising, it was well put together so that it didn't feel totally weird turning up by myself!

Nik

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='229160' date='Jun 29 2008, 06:29 PM']I wasn't there, but us old gits can be a bit shy at sharing names.

P'raps name badges next time ...both Avitar & real. Bit forced, but at the end of the day, blimmin' useful[/quote]
Some people were wearing them but I think they were real names rather than online ones. I'm hopeless at remembering names anyway.

I had a good laugh, met some nice people and heard some great bass, shame im not too hot myself lol.
Yeah im with NoiseDude with the names thing, Dr Dave and NoiseDude were the only names what stuck.

Thanks for york5stringer for putting it all on, really enjoyed myself, Im thinking It could have been a little longer though, I didnt really get chance to play everything lol, didnt help I had a blow out on the motorway doing 80mph on the way there, did slow me down a little.

oooo, I won some drum sticks too, They'll get used....................... on Rock Band for the xbox :)

whos were those Wal's anyways?
and I never got chance to play thats fretless/fretted double neck thing which I was a little guttered about.

Edit, the guy with the 9 string, HILARIOUS. (meaning your funny, not mocking your ability/aircraft carrier)

Talking about ability, It makes me realise I suck at bass :huh:

2nd edit, NoiseDude, your Ibanez is LOVELY to slap, real crisp sound, LUSH

Edited by Jobiebass

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='229172' date='Jun 29 2008, 06:40 PM']Yeah im with NoiseDude with the names thing, Dr Dave and NoiseDude were the only names what stuck.[/quote]

That's because , shameless self promoter that I am , I turned up in a shirt that read 'The person wearing this t shirt is a Doctor' !!!

Been great to meet everyone.Where else could you go try Celinders,Wals,Shukers et al through Aguilars, PJB's and the rest of a Sunday aft.

Massive thanks to Keith for that opportunity , hopefully if it happens again more of you out there wil take or make the chance to join in.

Special thanks from me to Joe (and Duncan the cat) for collecting me in Shipley, putting the kettle on and then ferrying me to the bash.

And to Russ for bringing me home , where we had a fiddle with the rest of my basses and put the world to rights for an hour or two.

And I won a botle of Vodka in the raffle. Bye bye , everyone , bye bye !!!!!

Edited by Dr.Dave

Just like to say a big thank you for organising today's gathering and looking forward to the next.

I was only able to attend for an hour and a half or so but really enjoyed chatting with the people I met and I had the opportunity to hear the sound and feel the weight of Mark Bass cabs and it convinced me of my next purchase.

Only down side was later in the day I got a call from our sax player to tell me our drummer is unable to play for two months due to a problem with his ears so it looks like we are going to be chasing round for deps for the next few gigs !!

For identification purposes I was the guy that came late dressed in black jeans and black and white shirt.

[quote name='ARGH' post='229249' date='Jun 29 2008, 08:46 PM']"And to Russ* for bringing me home , where we had a fiddle with the rest of my basses and put the world to rights for an hour or two."

*Ross......wrong Vowel Carol[/quote]

It's the Devon accent mate!!!

Edit, the guy with the 9 string, HILARIOUS. (meaning your funny, not mocking your ability/aircraft carrier)

Cheers fella.
I loved your Balsawood Stinger that weighed as much as a soggy Wafer.

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='ARGH' post='229252' date='Jun 29 2008, 08:48 PM']Edit, the guy with the 9 string, HILARIOUS. (meaning your funny, not mocking your ability/aircraft carrier)

Cheers fella.
I loved your Balsawood Stinger that weighed as much as a soggy Wafer.[/quote]
OK you were the guy who was playing my Ibanez? If so then thanks for making it sound so good and telling us some forum stories. :)

Nik

[quote name='ARGH' post='229252' date='Jun 29 2008, 08:48 PM']Edit, the guy with the 9 string, HILARIOUS. (meaning your funny, not mocking your ability/aircraft carrier)

Cheers fella.
I loved your Balsawood Stinger that weighed as much as a soggy Wafer.[/quote]

I love your quote "is this a fake?" lol, Its a LUSH bass, I wouldnt change it for the world. Its so light for a 'ray its untrue.

aughhh, yeah, AUGHHHHHH, I Remember your name now,
That 72 string was amazing! shame I couldnt play the most simple songs on it.

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='229283' date='Jun 29 2008, 09:25 PM']Anyone got any pics??

Really annoyed i couldn't make it :)

Gotta get another one done thats not on a sunday and goes on a little later!

-Jake[/quote]

Keith took some pics,
yeah it would be nice to go on for a little later, apart from turning up half hour late cause my tire blew up on the motorway, it did go too quick, could have done with going on for a few more hours, im sure if more people turned up for the next one, it'd be worth renting the room for a while longer. Still a good turn out though

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='229336' date='Jun 29 2008, 10:33 PM']I love your quote "is this a fake?" lol, Its a LUSH bass, I wouldnt change it for the world. Its so light for a 'ray its untrue.[/quote]

Usually I book a Chiro ap when I look at a Ray....Its almost fabled,written for generations to come..

"And lo,twas seen and written,a Stingray that did noteth cripple the spine upon its owner,but played like a Stingray as was true"

(You lucky git :) )