Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash

yorks5stringer

Soory I won't be able to make this one as I'm booked on a gig.

The gig is actually not too far away with The Welsh T Band in Skipton and it's a 5 o'clock start. Possible opportunity for the after-show party!

It's at The Craven Hotel, Craven Street, Skipton, BD23 2AP

More info on www.welsh-t.co.uk

Hope the YorksBash is a great afternoon!

David

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='221315' date='Jun 18 2008, 12:36 PM']Soory I won't be able to make this one as I'm booked on a gig.

The gig is actually not too far away with The Welsh T Band in Skipton and it's a 5 o'clock start. Possible opportunity for the after-show party!

More info on www.welsh-t.co.uk

Hope the YorksBash is a great afternoon!

David[/quote]

Call in on your way to the gig!

[quote name='Toasted' post='221476' date='Jun 18 2008, 04:01 PM']It'd be cool to meet you.[/quote]

Heh, not necessarily! I would bring my pedalboard though, I assume you would bring a collection of pedals? I'm not going to get too excited. Last time was the nottingham bash and I was all psyched up before my girlfriend reminded me that I had to drive 9 hours to france to spend 48 hours driving around her and her parents going "yes, I realise I should take your advice about every aspect of my life because being older=being clevererer".

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='221315' date='Jun 18 2008, 12:36 PM']The gig is actually not too far away with The Welsh T Band in Skipton and it's a 5 o'clock start. Possible opportunity for the after-show party!

David[/quote]

I just did this gig last weekend. It's you, Dave ,that'll need an after show party esp if you get the pregnant farting woman in !!!

Close enough now to say with confidence that I'll be at the bash. One bass only as I'm on the train so I suppose the Shuker would be favourite in terms of others interest.

Not a gag this - please don't worry if I Look a bit scabby faced and keep picking at it. It's not catching!! It's the false beard glue from the previous nights ZZ trib gig. Usually looks horrible for most of the following day.

[quote name='Toasted' post='221499' date='Jun 18 2008, 04:21 PM']~

You have the same girlfriend as me?[/quote]

Heh, I was reffering to her parents more than her. She's not much older and certainly wouldn't try to ram "advice" down my throat 24/7 'cos she knows how annoying that is having grown up with her parents.

It would be fun to share though, after-bash-orgy at yours?

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='221529' date='Jun 18 2008, 04:51 PM']If I finish packing my case I might venture across the Pennines - assuming those of a red rose persuasion are welcome :) . If I do, I'll bring my Lakland Duck Dunn and Darryl Jones with me. I fancy seeing the Welsh T band on my way home - time permitting.[/quote]

The more the merrier: at this moment in time I really don't know if 15 or 50 will turn up! Maybe I could rig a TV screen outside for those who can't get in? It could be wise to bring an extension cable ( not cos you'll be outside) but just in case demand for power exceeds the number of sockets!

Got some interesting Bass Raffle prizes lined up too....

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='199504' date='May 15 2008, 12:51 PM']depending on when it is, I could involve a trip to Jon Shuker in Sheffield and a visit to the parents in Keighley.[/quote]

I'm still a maybe, but now I'm a definite maybe.

Can someone PM me with details about the location, Id like to bring my rig, but its weighs a ton, so I need to know if there are steps and crap, no/little steps = I can wheel it in.

took my P bass to bits tonight, gonna rewire it tomorrow but either im dumb at circuits or I need a new one of those er.. things that you add to the pot to make it a tone pot, resister is it? anyone got a spare one? 250 i think

If anyones getting rid of a flanger pedal and going to the bash, bring it :) Maybe some other pedals too :huh:

Edited by Jobiebass

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='227689' date='Jun 26 2008, 11:31 PM']Can someone PM me with details about the location, Id like to bring my rig, but its weighs a ton, so I need to know if there are steps and crap, no/little steps = I can wheel it in.

took my P bass to bits tonight, gonna rewire it tomorrow but either im dumb at circuits or I need a new one of those er.. things that you add to the pot to make it a tone pot, resister is it? anyone got a spare one? 250 i think

If anyones getting rid of a flanger pedal and going to the bash, bring it :) Maybe some other pedals too :huh:[/quote]

PM'd