Why become a member? ×

Isaac Hayes - Rehearses 'Shaft'

spongebob

[url="http://www.isaachayes.com/video/session/index.html"]http://www.isaachayes.com/video/session/index.html[/url]

Superb studio footage - rehearsing part of the soundtrack - and [i]that[/i] song.

I'm a massive IH fan, so just had to share it - what a band to be a part of.

Wow nice!

I know Willie Hall is on drums and Charles Pitts does the famous wah-wah guitar - but do you know who the rest of the band are?
The E.P. player in particular is very familiar.

EDIT: That would be 'cos it's Booker T - D'oh!

Edited by chaypup

Thanks for this - I am a huge IH fan too. I had seen this clip before and have been looking for for ages on you tube.

I think the bass player might be James Alexander - the only member of the Bar-Kays who survived as he didn't get on the plane with Otis Redding....

EDIT: Just read the wiki - apparently the wasn't the only survivor - the trumpet player actually on the plane survived the crash.

Edited by Huge Hands

[quote name='Huge Hands' timestamp='1351241844' post='1849044']
Thanks for this - I am a huge IH fan too. I had seen this clip before and have been looking for for ages on you tube.

I think the bass player might be James Alexander - the only member of the Bar-Kays who survived as he didn't get on the plane with Otis Redding....

EDIT: Just read the wiki - apparently the wasn't the only survivor - the trumpet player actually on the plane survived the crash.
[/quote]

The bass player IS James Alexander - although, laughably, Carole Kaye has claimed she played bass on it....