Why become a member? ×

Sometimes I wish I didn't live in a flat...

Evil Undead

I had to complain about my neighbour banging away at 2am! it was interfering with my band practice.

On a serious note, it's the same as Lozz for me. I keep to sensible times & I played at a fairly loud volume this morning (@ 11;30 am) with no complaints.
Neighbours are usually at work, but I let them know if they're not, just let me know.

I live in a ground floor flat so you'd think that the sound wouldn't travel as far - not true - apparently they can "feel" the bass on the top floor (three floors). Upstairs have a newborn (with some lungs) so I take that into consideration.

I lived in a tower block years ago where some anarchists would have raves two floors up and one across - might as well have gone - the sound travelled through the concrete and steel - no chance of getting any sleep!! They were surprised when the Environmental Health came and seized the gear one morning...

I played saxophone for a while - apparently I could be heard at the bottom of the hill about 100 yards away.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1350564800' post='1840555']
It's not just a problem with flats[/quote]

I concur. It's the same problem with rounds.

Me, I just play the little amp when there's people around. It's standing on top of the big one, and in such a position that standing waves are less of a problem. Lotsa noise, and I don't feel the need for the full 410.
Also, I think overdrives, fuzzes and compression should make it nicer to play at lower volume, as the impression is that it's louder with those. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

best,
bert