Why become a member? ×

CARDIFF BASS BASH DATE CONFIRMED SAT NOVEMBER 10th

gelfin

Big Thx for arranging a great Bassy event ..

A load of GAS fuelled fun n mirth .....How does the time fly so quickly ?

Think the next one should get pencilled in asap . Great venue ... Great people ....Great facilities ....A perfect Saturday in my book .....

Lovely to meet you all

Gary
v8

Great to hear you guys had a lot of fun and you're already planning the next meetup! Post photos if you have any!

Deb - Re. acoustic basses: you may also have realised that, besides being huge [i]per se[/i], they are somewhat incompatible with having breasts - no matter how small - and that they are therefore best played while standing. In that case, you don't need long arms, your usual ones will suffice :D I haven't been able to find a way to play my acoustic while sitting. Not that it matters, though, since the bass is so light.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1352595820' post='1865102']
Great to hear you guys had a lot of fun and you're already planning the next meetup! Post photos if you have any!

Deb - Re. acoustic basses: you may also have realised that, besides being huge [i]per se[/i], they are somewhat incompatible with having breasts - no matter how small - and that they are therefore best played while standing. In that case, you don't need long arms, your usual ones will suffice :D I haven't been able to find a way to play my acoustic while sitting. Not that it matters, though, since the bass is so light.
[/quote]

That was probably my problem then.... Boobs and gut getting in the way :lol:

Gary - Bring it to the next one with a strap and I'll have another go :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I mentioned I was going to be using my GR55 midi bass rig in a gig in Cardiff, It is with the band Rocketgoldstar and it is in the Globe on Albany Road. December 16th.

Come along if you can I think it's going to be a blazing gig!

http://rocketgoldstartheglobecardiff.eventbrite.com

Thanks,

Gaz

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Sorry I haven't come up with a date for the next Cardiff / Welsh Bass Bash yet but I have been a little busy.

Anyway it was suggested that we try for February but now I think March may be a better idea.
The venue will be the same if that's all fine with you guys and a Saturday will be the only day that the Church is free enough.

For those that came to the last one I would appreciate any suggestions that may improve on the day and perhaps grow the attendance.

as soon as I have a free Sat in March I will let you know. When it is finalised I will start a new thread to promote it