Why become a member? ×

CARDIFF BASS BASH DATE CONFIRMED SAT NOVEMBER 10th

gelfin

I have confirmed that we can use the Church building for the Cardiff Bass Bash.

This will be on Saturday November 10th.
Time booked is from 2.30pm to around 8pm.

The address is
Parkend Church
Llandennis Rd
CF23 6EG

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1C1_____en-gbGB479GB479&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=parkend+church+cardiff&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=parkend+church+cardiff&cid=0,0,9122648844227849025&sa=X&ei=kU99UKjeH8bL0QXF8YHQCA&ved=0CH4Q_BIwAA"]http://maps.google.c...ved=0CH4Q_BIwAA[/url]

As I said before there is no alcohol allowed on premises but there is a decent pub a stones throw away.

Good clean facilities and kitchen for making tea and coffee. A donation of some sort may be nice for the use of the building.

There are two rooms available.

One very large hall 6m x 15m (ish)
One medium size hall 4m x 10m (ish)

Large car park with easy loading access.

My bands practice room is in the basement so this can be used as well if needed. (saves me carting all my kit upstairs).

I may be able to get a drum kit in each room and guitarist if so desired for a decent jam.

If any one attending wants to bring their drummer/kit. Guitarist/rig let me know so we don't get too many.

So let us know who's comming with what?

My kit available to play with is

Gallien Krueger Fusion 550 head with GK glx 410 and blx 210 cabs.
Gallien Krueger RB400/15 combo.
Various old Trace cabs and Peavey black widow.

Rickenbackker 4003
Tokai Thunderbrid
Epi Explorer
Ryder P bass
Toby Pro4
Mazetti 8 string
A strange twin neck

Moog Taurus bass pedals

Laney guitar head. Marshall 1960 4X12.

Edit for acoustic basses , we could also use the sanctuary for acoustic basses uprights etc.

Edited by gelfin

Ah thats better .. .. Thx for that ..

Am I first on the list .. hmm .. id better not seem too keen .. :lol:

Looking forward very much to laugh and some of those tidy basses amps and fx that lie around these parts .. isnt it ?

Gary
v8( currently restocking with goodies ) :yarr:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1351445938' post='1851301']
Anyone bringing along a Rickie and a Ray? Not heard what they're like :ph34r:
[/quote]

I will have these there

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Rickenbackker 4003[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Tokai Thunderbrid[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epi Explorer[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ryder P bass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Toby Pro4[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mazetti 8 string[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A strange twin neck[/font][/color]

Traffic update for this event.

There are some serious roadworks going on right at the Church entrance. Gas pipe laying.

There is still access to to car park but it is not straightforward. So I have put a map here showing how to get in.

Whichever direction you come from you will need to get to point A and follow the red line to the entrance. There is no access from the roundabout because the road has been made one way with traffic coming down
Rhyd y pennau Rd the wrong way. When you come down this road via my detour don't go as far as the roundabout, turn left across the roadworks at the bollard just before the roundabout.
I will try to get some signs made to help. If you're really stuck call me on 07971559710

[IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae181/gelfin5959/BCdirections-1.jpg[/IMG]

Hi all.

Please can you let me know who is coming and what gear you might be bringing. I have listed before what I have there so it would be could for us to see
what other goodies will be there.

I have not been to a bass bash before so don't really know how they run. I guess that we all turn up check out each others kit and generally chat about it all, have a jam etc.
Tea and coffee available. No alcohol as I mentioned before. If any want to eat I guess you bring your own.

Is anyone bring guitarist or drummer friends?

They can bring their kit if they like. I have two drum kits available. One is basic and other is in basement practice room. This leaves a room without drums!
My larger GK rig lives in basement but will carry up with help if you wish. Also have a guitar rig that can come up. Laney head Marshall 412 (1960)

I'm coming and planning on offloading my 11 year old first :-) I haven't got a clue what goes on so I'm coming along to say hello really. I'll bring my 2012 P so people can try it. Can't fit my amp in the boot :-(. Might bring my LoMenzo pedal which is great fun :-) I'm interested in hearing what a Rick sounds like :-)

Dunno what I'll be bringing yet kit wise... Probably my Ibanez, my fretless and my 5 string Ibanez if all goes to plan with my collection on Thursday night! Although my not bring all three. As for amp.... I may either bring my peavy combo I use at home or my Laney amp and one of my cabs (probably my 1 15 rather than my 2 10).

In fairness, I haven't got the best kit in the world, but happy to bring stuff along.... Can't bring my drummer though! LOL!

I am sooooo looking forward to this :D

Though I can't be there tomorrow, if any of you guys that are attending the bash would like to use my EBS TD650 and Neo 212 cab for the day then feel free to PM me. I will be taking the Reidmar and Neo 210 with me to the gig tomorrow as it's only small acoustic thing I am doing in Bristol. The only snag is that you will have to pick it up yourself before 2pm as I will be heading to the CCFC v Hull match around then and return it to me after 8pm Sunday as I am on a job all day. The offer is there if you fancy it.

Urgent update on traffic situation.

The previous map I put up is now useless as Park end Lane has just been closed. There are diversion signs but I haven't tried following them yet.

It may be best to use sat nav and approach via the A48 dual carriageway and exit at Pentwyn.

[IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae181/gelfin5959/Newroute.jpg[/IMG]

Hopefully this will help. Get to point A and follow route to B