Why become a member? ×

FS only Wal Mk II 5 string / MM Bongo 5 string

bassplayer50000

Very good condition October 1988 Wal Mk II 5 string (W3114). Owned from new and showing modest wear for its age it has a solid Brazilian Mahogany body with a black gloss polyester paint job and chrome hardware (custom order when I bought it). Rosewood fingerboard and dot position markers - classy, understated bass that sustains like a grand piano and sounds awesome. There are a couple of superficial marks but nothing serious. Comes with original Wal hard case. £3200

Mint condition Bongo 5 string H in stealth black. 2 years old and rarely gigged. Comes with original MM hard case. Owned from new - £850

Edited by bassplayer50000

Welcome to the forum, bassplayer50000! :)

Guys, I viewed the 4001CS last night and it is in top condition bar the small chemical leach marks mentioned. Most Rick owners are aware of the nature of the CV finish that allows such marking. As a prior owner of a CS, I can attest that vermillion (aka 'padauk') 'board on this bass is striking in its contrast to the cream of the body. An absolute peach!!

Good luck with the sales, Simon!

[quote name='Francesco' timestamp='1350500651' post='1839823']
I've never seen a Wal black polyester without it's color matching headstock! This is a very unique Wal. Good luck with the sale.
[/quote]
Jason Newsted's black 5string Wal is exactly the same as this one, non-matching headstock, seen in the metallica video of One.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...