Why become a member? ×

All the laydeez in da house say yooooooooooo!!

Kiwi

[quote name='dangerboy' post='205038' date='May 23 2008, 03:28 PM']I have a question. All over this site there are male bassplayers calling their basses 'she' or 'the girl'. Do female bassplayers call their instruments 'the boys'?[/quote]
My basses are my babies :) Well.. apart from the 2 babies that are actually children.. but I digress...

[quote name='Telebass' post='195360' date='May 9 2008, 12:19 PM']There are not enough female rock musicians! Too many open mic type things are testosterone fueled![/quote]

and there aint nothing finer than a woman and a bass together... at the same time and if she's playing well then i've found my 'Nirvana'

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='C_Sometimes' post='229272' date='Jun 29 2008, 09:09 PM']Most excellent comeback there Noisedude.

Charlotte

www.myspace.com/severedheaven[/quote]
Thank you! And welcome to the forum. There was a bit of a gathering of bass-player types in the area today, you should come along to the next one and teach us some metal (I'll teach you some ska by way of ... erm ... 'thank you').

I'll warn you in advance too - avoid the marketplace forums or you'll end up buying tonnes of gear you didn't know you needed. I've not been here long and it's already happened three times.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='C_Sometimes' post='229272' date='Jun 29 2008, 09:09 PM']Most excellent comeback there Noisedude.

Charlotte

www.myspace.com/severedheaven[/quote]
Aha! The famous Charlotte! Hello from me and Hamster, who has just sort of sold you a bass :)

[quote name='dangerboy' post='205038' date='May 23 2008, 03:28 PM']I have a question. All over this site there are male bassplayers calling their basses 'she' or 'the girl'. Do female bassplayers call their instruments 'the boys'?[/quote]

My basses are boys. I'm not gay - but they're the only male company I get in my house.

They both drink and like football.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Pissman' post='343284' date='Dec 2 2008, 05:39 PM']Anyone else notice that the 'laydeez in da house' needed a man to set this forum up for them?..[/quote]

why bother doing it yourself when you can get a man to do it for you? especially one who doesn't even need asking.

• 4 weeks later...