Why become a member? ×

Troy Sanders bass

If it's the natural finish with the two racing stripes that looks like an Ibanez, it is indeed a Fender Prophecy II - I can't see the video at work.

Off the top of my head, he's also played Fender Deluxe Precisions, a Godlyke Diety, a couple of Yamahas of some description - 1 with humbuckers, and a PJ, a Michael Kelly acoustic and an Ibanez SRX amongst others.

I vaguely remember seing a Wal in his collection too, but never seen pictures of him playing it.

Troy doesn't have a signature model, but he does have a Streamer Stage II Custom Shop bass. Thanks!
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/189052-troy-sanders-bass/page__p__1833111__hl__warwick__fromsearch__1#entry1833111"]http://warwick.de/modules/endorser/endorser.php?endorserID=1215&katID=14568&cl=EN[/url]

Edited by Warwick_Official

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1349987507' post='1833297']
He has a really cool Fender Deluxe Precision with a custom shop silverburst finish. I've seen him use that live. Like it a lot

[attachment=120730:610x.jpg]
[/quote]
Yeah, I like that too - wouldn't be surprised to see a MIM signature version out within the next couple of years.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1349987507' post='1833297']
He has a really cool Fender Deluxe Precision with a custom shop silverburst finish. I've seen him use that live. Like it a lot
[attachment=120730:610x.jpg]
[/quote]

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1350029757' post='1833616']
Yeah, I like that too - wouldn't be surprised to see a MIM signature version out within the next couple of years.
[/quote]

Why if he's got a top quality fender which is basically a custom shop one would he play MIM ones just cos they've got his name on them? I'd have to change the neck, hardware and pickups on a MIM one for it feel and sound anything like...?

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1350031649' post='1833643']
Why if he's got a top quality fender which is basically a custom shop one would he play MIM ones just cos they've got his name on them?
[/quote]
He wouldn't! But paying punters who love Mastodon would

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1350063743' post='1834268']
I don't like that bass above at all (natural one)....looks INCREDIBLY boring.

Mastadon are great but the bass playing and bass lines don't do it for me. The drummer and guitarists are superb though.
[/quote]

Mastodon on the other hand...

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1351022839' post='1846400']
I have the opposite problem. I like their basslines (that descending line on Blood and Thunder during the harmony guitar parts is amazing) but I don't like their use of acoustic guitars in the studio and I find their drummer overplays far too much. Sure he can credit some sort of jazz influence because his snare work is similar to Billy Cobham's coked out snare work, but I really wish he would play more of a definite rhythm and less of a jazz solo on every track.
[/quote]

I have a similar view. Troy is good player and fits his parts into the band really well. If he tried to play more than he does then there would be nothing really holding a lot of the songs together, since the drums and guitars are generally all over the place.

The autotuned to hell Brann vocals on Crack the Skye and The Hunter put me off the band at times. I still like the band in general though.