Why become a member? ×

Some video & photos from this week's mini-tour...

wateroftyne

Hi all

One of my bands has just done a run of (sold out!) theatre gigs around the North East, with more to come further afield over the next couple of months.

It's been a lot of fun, with a great production spec & crew. I've never rehearsed so much for anything in my life. I'm knackered, but it's been worth it!

Here's some pics of the set-up, and a photo from the production rehearsal. I'll stick a video up if anything comes to light.

Production rehearsal:

Bass corner:

My view from the stage:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ-46YU0nnM&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ-46YU0nnM[/url]

Edited by wateroftyne

Cheers, folks!
[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1349629819' post='1828457']
Love it when bands don't have the drummer in the centre of the stage. How did you find it with that moving head right next to you? Rig looks cool by the way.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's great. The drummer can see right across the stage and clock what's going on. He loves it. Plus, it means the projection screen doesn't have to be flown so high.

I'm generally at the mic, so that vari-lite is usually behind me, off to one side. The whole shebang looks great when it's in full flight... I'll post some pics soon!

[quote name='musophilr' timestamp='1349621857' post='1828357']
Nice one! Getting to play Lindisfarne tracks must be highly enjoyable work :)
[/quote]

It is! I play my fretless P on about half the songs, just like on the original records. Rod Clements is a great player, so it's a pleasure to play his lines.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1349617095' post='1828306']
Very, very cool!

You get to meet any of the Lindisfarne guys?

Alex
[/quote]

I'm pals with most of 'em, so yes. Lovely bunch.

[quote name='gub' timestamp='1349616552' post='1828297']
Looks like an amazing show , wouldn't mind catching it if you do any down here in pasty land ;)
[/quote]

We have gigs coming up in the Midlands, North Wales and Durham, and then we're doing a more comprehensive tour next year. I'll post the dates here when I have 'em!

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1349617095' post='1828306']
Very, very cool!

You get to meet any of the Lindisfarne guys?

Alex
[/quote]

Forgot to clarify, Alex - the drummer at these gigs is Ray, a founder member of the band, and the front-man is Billy who was the latter-day front-man after Hully shuffled off this mortal coil.

Ray's a lush drummer - he's so much fun to gig with. Mr. Feel.