Why become a member? ×

Any Love for Moloko?

Lord Sausage

Just listening to Moloko, haven't for a while, and i'm just wondering if there is any love for them on here. Never really seen anyone mention them. They developed from a good little electro duo to an incredible band and unsderated. Saw them live on the statues tour and it was amazing.

Here's a couple of tracks
[media]http://youtu.be/yrfg7xa1r3M[/media]
[media]http://youtu.be/1XVteRgZFkQ[/media]

I like them, obviously their output hasn't been that significant for the past 10 or 12 years due to their breaking up, but they had some great tracks. Bring It Back came on the radio the other day, reminded me that not all house music coming out at that time lacked intelligence and good songwriting.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1349608670' post='1828157']
I like them, obviously their output hasn't been that significant for the past 10 or 12 years due to their breaking up, but they had some great tracks. Bring It Back came on the radio the other day, reminded me that not all house music coming out at that time lacked intelligence and good songwriting.
[/quote]
[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1349609218' post='1828173']
I thought they were great, they kinda helped move House Music on a bit at that time.
Roisin Murphy has quite a few solo tracks out there.

Garry
[/quote]

I loved em. I really liked how they changed and progressed album to album, getting better each time. It's a pisser that they split. I realise it ain't current and they split up time ago, but it still souns fresh.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1349609427' post='1828175']
I loved em. I really liked how they changed and progressed album to album, getting better each time. It's a pisser that they split. I realise it ain't current and they split up time ago, but it still souns fresh.
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No not very current, but saying that, Roisin Murphy is still very active on the live club scene, and very well liked - Plenty up there on Youtube.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Garry[/font][/color]

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1349610162' post='1828190']
Mind you The Beatles, Led Zep, Jaco, Jamerson etc ain't that current but it doesn't stop people talking about it! :D :P
[/quote]

I think they left a bit more of a lasting impact on music if we're being fair!

I always get reminded of Goldfrapp whenever Moloko get mentioned, another act that I really love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVPVacTqgWg

[quote name='Ray' timestamp='1349610664' post='1828201']
I saw them them live at the V Festival a few years ago. Still one of the best live shows I've ever seen.
[/quote]
I saw em in Manchester and def one of the best shows i've seen. as a live bans they were incredible. Tight, dynamic, musical

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1349610162' post='1828190']
Mind you The Beatles, Led Zep, Jaco, Jamerson etc ain't that current but it doesn't stop people talking about it! :D :P
[/quote]

True.........
But then again you would have to dig most of them up for them to be on the '"live" scene. :D

Garry