Why become a member? ×

JAM NIGHTS!

charliethornton

I know there is a guitar store in St Albans. I was there the other day.
Why not ask them to put a notice up in the store advertising for any like-minded folk to call you. You can then talk to a local pub and start one.

You could also try talking to the library. They would let you put a notice up there too.

I think it's the "Fighting Cocks" near the Abbey that has Morris Dancing sometimes? Try there, you never lknow....

Other wise there is one in Bishops Stortford, but it's a bit of a trek from St Albans.

[quote name='jamesbass116' timestamp='1348695443' post='1817173']
Sewage Jam every Other thursday night at the Priory Tavern in Kilburn, London. It's run by the third years at my uni. Incredible musicians! They play a lot of funk/jazz/soul tunes. They have a Spotify playlist if you wanna check out the stuff you can usually jam over.
[/quote]

Hey man, been a couple of times! You going next Wednesday?

Sign up to [b]Lemonrock[/b], and they will send you a gig list every week, for what ever area you choose, and you will see loads of jam nights/open mics listed.

There are loads in and around St Albans, but check out [b][i]The Horn[/i][/b] in St Albans, and [b][i]The Horns[/i][/b] in Watford, both attract quality musicians.

You could also try:
[b][i]The Sportsman[/i][/b], Croxley Green - last Sunday of each month
[b][i]Waggers social club[/i][/b] in Ware - 1st Wednesday of each month
[i][b]Ye Olde Fighting Cocks[/b][/i], St Albans - every Friday
[i][b]The Three Wishes[/b][/i], Edgware - every Monday

Edited by thebrig

I attend quite a few jams in the east London / Essex area, depends what your looking for ? Blues / Rock / Mor !
Might be a bit far to travel tho.
Also there is a Facebook group called Jammers, biased towards the east London & Essex area, but other areas sometimes post as well