Why become a member? ×

name this bass,please...

clashcityrocker

You saying all Bobs are thick planks that no-one has heard of?

well you have a point I suppose.... :(

Looks like one of those Fender Precision artist models from a few years back - can't remember who but they were sea foam green, single volume pot...

btw -

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I was going to go for "Gertrude" [/size][/font][/color] :([/quote]

I think you should call it Gert and leave the rude part out...

Edited by bob_pickard

It's definitely not a Fender, the end of the neck isn't rounded enough. I think it looks a bit too rounded to be the Ibanez though, although it is extremely close! Maybe it has been customised (new pickguard without the holes), or more likely photo retouched! There's no way you'd have a two pickup bass with only one control is there?

Sure you can. Ibanez will build anything for their endorsees. For example, some of their current signature artists (Mike d'Antonio of Killswitch Engage and Peter Iwers of In Flames) specified twin-pickup active basses based on the SRX, but with only a volume knob. If you never use anything other than the volume and set everything else neutral all the time, why would you place 5 knobs on the front? Looks very nice and clean too. I suspect this TR was a custom job too. I know Jason Thirsk played TR's when he was still in Pennywise, and his successor Randy Bradbury did too.

Jason Thirsk with an Ibanez TR:

Randy Bradbury with a similar TR:

Edited by LeftyJ