Why become a member? ×

F/S 1988 Yamaha TRB 6P £1100

gstirrat

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For sale or trade is my (1988) Yamaha TRB 6P Mk1. It's a rare single truss rod, original TRB. I'm told by the original owner (Andy Mitchell) that It was the first one in Europe. From what I've learned from lots of research, after some time of making these basses, Yamaha changed their wood to a lower quality, meaning that the neck needed re-enforced with two truss rods making them thicker and heavier. The TRB I have is one of the original single truss rod versions using the top quality wood and are quite rare and don't pop up very often. It's neck is there for light and thin and very playable. [/font][/color]

The bass was recently set up by the guys at overwater before I stopped playing it regularly and the strings are pretty much brand new elixir strings.

It's a 34" sale length ([color=#4A4A4A][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]33-7/8" to be exact). Controles are Volume, Pan, Bass, Treble, Piezo and a Piezo bass cut switch.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#4A4A4A][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]It comes with it's original hard case and manual. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#4A4A4A][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The bass it's self is in brilliant condition, with only a couple of small dings on it. The photos below show the good condition it's in. Let me know if you'd like me to email you more photos. [/size][/font][/color]

[attachment=116361:TRB 6P 1.jpg]
[attachment=116362:TRB 6P 10.jpg]
[attachment=116363:TRB 6P 15.jpg]
[attachment=116365:TRB 6P 21.jpg]
[attachment=116366:TRB 6P 23.jpg]
[attachment=116367:TRB 6P 28.jpg]

PRICE! As it's a brilliant example of a very early, rare TRB, I'm looking for [b]£1100[/b] posted within the UK, although I might be open to [b]close offers[/b]. I will also ship overseas at the buyers expense.

I'm not too keen on a trade just now, but if something quite exceptional gets offered, I just might go for it. . . .

Cheers,
Gus

Edited by gstirrat

hello, very nice, I played one of these early Trp6p´s almost 10 Years, then sold it and wish I hadn´t

How about a trade against this:

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/fodera-lookalike-6-saiter-bass-sadowsky-electronic/39690423

here´s what it sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dKt_6bI2ZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuZzNEhUPYs&feature=relmfu

cheers Arpi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if only i had the beer tokens!! :) this is identical to the one i foolishly sold back in 1994 :(

were there any subtle variations in these? did they make single and double truss rod versions - am sure mine was a double truss

if i win the lottery this week i will be straight on the train up to glasgow to claim this with a fistful of beer tokens in my sweaty little hand

cool i thought so mine must have been a later version and it weighed a bloody ton but worth the struggle

for anyone thinking of being tempted towards a TRB ... if youve never heard the tone from the piezo's under the saddles on these beauties then give it a try and you will definitley buy!!! :D

Edited by steve-bbb

• 2 weeks later...