Why become a member? ×

Washburn AB10 fretless

Paul_C

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='188087' date='Apr 29 2008, 02:58 PM']Why oh why do so few accoustic basses have thumb rests??

Surely I'm not the only one who can't play a bass without either a pick up or rest to place my thumb on?

Oh, and have a bump in case its not sold yet.[/quote]

you could certainly attach a thumb rest to the top of this without it having too detrimental effect on the movement of the top (which may be why you don't see thumb rests on most acoustics) the easy way would be a bit of wood/mdf attached with double-sided tape, which I did on a Stingray once for similar thumb placement reasons

[quote name='parker_muse' post='188095' date='Apr 29 2008, 03:12 PM']How loud is it unplugged?[/quote]

not bad if you're noodling in front of the telly, no good if you're trying to compete with strummed acoustic guitars, but then not many acoustic basses are (unless the body is huge, like the EB Earthwood bass

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='188087' date='Apr 29 2008, 02:58 PM']Why oh why do so few accoustic basses have thumb rests??

Surely I'm not the only one who can't play a bass without either a pick up or rest to place my thumb on?

Oh, and have a bump in case its not sold yet.[/quote]

you are after a 5 string model then for the extra thumb rest

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='188279' date='Apr 29 2008, 06:26 PM']The site of 5 strings on a bass makes me physically sick.

It's like a woman with flat shoes on.[/quote]

i know, its like, where's the C string?

:)