Why become a member? ×

Hello from defecting guitarist ;)

6v6

Hi,

Just joined after lurking for a while - great to find a UK forum with so much great info!

I'm actually primarily a guitar player (~20years, almost exclusively rhythm in several bands), with an interest in bass, am currently playing geetar in a regularly-gigging band, but considering getting into a second band as a bass player just to do something different and get my bass-skills improving (Hampshire area, Blues/Rock/Country/RocknRoll)

I have an Ibanez SR500 atm, would love to upgrade to a nice p-bass as I had a great time playing a borrowed p-bass years ago, and my favorite guitar by far is a Strat, until recenlty I had 4 (!) Just sold one to fund a bass amp so I can start looking for a band - if I get more into it I guess another will go to fund a p-bass :)

Anyway - hello, cool forum!

Hi 6v6,

Welcome to BC, even though you used the G* word.
There lotsa weasly, awolking defectors here. Me myself, I cowardly left a key post. Happily, the sgt never found me.
Good luck with the search for a band.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

I'm also a guitarist who upgraded to bass about 15 years ago, I still gig both though.

Since prolonged exposure to low frequencies can upset the digestive system somewhat, it is not unusual for guitarists new to the world of bass to find themselves defecating. If it carries on for more than a few weeks, try Pepto Bismol.

Welcome. I came over to the deep side just over a decade ago (I stuck my toe in some time previously, but then got offered some 6 string work) and I'm much happier with the cables rather than the cheese wire, although I do still play guitar at home occasionally. Nice choice of bass with the Ibby, I just aquired the 505 and am very impressed by its P bass impersonation, very close. Good to see that this hasn't stopped you having P bass GAS though :)

• 2 weeks later...