Why become a member? ×

Basschat iPhone app

D.I. Joe

[quote name='Jack Cahalane' timestamp='1342467250' post='1735738']
I use the mobile site from my iPhone, is there any way of uploading pictures? Switching to the full site doesn't work :(
[/quote]

My problem exactly! Was just wondering if there was an app of some sort or if any forum apps are compatible. I use the mobile version of the site the majority of the time which is fine for general posting but it's a pain that I can't seem to upload photos from my phone.

[edited for spelling - predictive text my arse!]

Edited by D.I. Joe

I'm a complete noob when it comes to Smart phones. I had one of the XDA Execs when they came out originally but my current mobile is 6 years old and thats how I prefer it at the moment. No GPS.

What would the best Basschat app help people do?

The reason why you can't upload pics through a browser (mobile version or not) is that Apple in their infinite wisdom have denied access to the filesystem to their own web browser.

You can upload pics if you jailbreak.

Or you can use [url="http://picupapp.com/"]http://picupapp.com/[/url] which works best if it's incorporated into the site as well as on the iPhone, but can be used standalone. The app uploads the pic to an image hosting server and returns a url.

Edited by bigjohn

Yeah the mobile site is a good compromise I think, it works well. An app wouldn't be worth the development IMHO, but it might be worth asking your developer what it would cost to include a file upload interface on the mobile site if that's a feature people need/want.

Edit: Ah, didn't know it was impossible on the iPhone.

Edited by thisnameistaken