Why become a member? ×

What should be in the box of a new Hartke??

Will Farnell-Smith

I had this with Soundslive last week with a GK neo112. Box all taped up and the speaker lead in a jiffy bag
I spoke to them about it and I have to call back this week. They did say I will get a partial refund If I decided to keep the cab.
I'll update after I've called them.
B)

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1342379391' post='1734073']
I had this with Soundslive last week with a GK neo112. Box all taped up and the speaker lead in a jiffy bag
I spoke to them about it and I have to call back this week. They did say I will get a partial refund If I decided to keep the cab.
I'll update after I've called them.
B)
[/quote]

I got the offer of a partial refund initially, but decided against it as nobody knew the origins of the head.

Update re Soundslive and my GK Cab,
I spoke to Martin yesterday. He gave me a sincere apology and he offered me a 10% discount (or refund if you like) on the cab. No hassles or arguments, here you go........ so a very good result for me. I also bought a TC Head from them a few weeks back, it wasn't for me so I returned it without any hassle either
I always tend to use Soundslive for new gear and wouldn't hesitate to do so again.
B)

I've used DV247 a few times & found them really good.
It fills you with confidence & respect when someone from a company pops on here (or similar) & offers advice & help.
I'll certainly look at Hartke gear in the future (if I don't switch back to keys) and if it was a split decision all ticking my boxes, service would be an extra box ticked for Hartke. :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1342726145' post='1740136']
It fills you with confidence & respect when someone from a company pops on here (or similar) & offers advice & help.
I'll certainly look at Hartke gear in the future (if I don't switch back to keys) and if it was a split decision all ticking my boxes, service would be an extra box ticked for Hartke. :)
[/quote]
We do what we can but I would say if anyone noticed something Hartke related that we hadn't picked up feel free to give us a nudge. And if you switch back to keys don't look any further than Korg. :)
Gareth

Big fan of Korg right here too! Nothing but help when it came to replacing my ailing Korg X3! I now have a wonderful limited edition bright yellow M50 for all my synthy noises!

A very good mate of mine has a full piano weighted Kronos! Wow!!

Off topic, But had to share! Well done Korg!!

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1342793831' post='1741075']
When I used to play, I had a Korg MS10 & a DW6000. That's how long it's been, though I've been looking at the M50 or maybe a s/h M3.
[/quote]

Polysix all the way - a wonderful machine.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1342993576' post='1743682']
Oh dear! I've not had any freezes yet!
[/quote]

Fingers crossed for you, it's bloody frustrating. I've lost the keyboard for quite a few months at a time for the repairs too.

Not fun.

I just hope it doesn't keep re-occurring, I think if it happens again it'll be enough to drive me away from the brand despite the sounds :(

• 4 months later...

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1341995104' post='1727476']
There's no way that Hartke would send out a photocopied manual, Larry Hartke is very proud of his products and his customer service, I imagine he would be pretty peev'd at these guys clearly selling ex-demo, refurb, or secondhand gear "as new".
You could dob them into Hartke and see what happens, but I reckon that could take a while.

I've had very mixed experiences with GuitarGuitar, at least in store anyway, the Epsom one is seriously awesome, but I was treated very rudely in the Edinburgh one a while back, waited over an hour, while the shop wasn't even busy, to get a trade in value on a mint Trace Elliot combo, only for it to be £200 less than the market value, and what I eventually sold it for elsewhere.

I'd send it back and order one from somewhere else, I'd probably recount the experience to Hartke too, take some photos before you send it back.

Best of luck mate,

Eude
[/quote]

+1 for Larry he's very approachable thru FB or Myspace.