Why become a member? ×

Bongo

cloudburst

[i]I really wanted the burst Bongo but the UK doesn't seem to get involved with the Ltd instruments quite so much. [/i]
Really? Surprised, that's a shame; they should.Think they will have the roasted necks as well.

[i]That's nice Eljay. A man with taste.[/i]
Certainly is a killer bass, I think the Mahogany adds some deep resonance, all the better with the awesome Bongo eq.
EBMM had the taste to [i]build[/i] this beaut, I just got up early enough to [i]buy[/i] it when they offered it and a few other one-offs for sale at the BASSPLAYER LIVe event held a few years back!

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1341746266' post='1723429']
No wonder we both think it plays like butter - it's YOUR ex-Bongo! :-)

unknown (TB forum) -> garythenuke (EBMM forum Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, California) -> unknown -perhaps Strontium Dog (Kevin, somewhere UK) -> Playground_Martyr (BC-er) ->cocco (BC-er) -> Robert Manning (BC-er) -> mikegatward (BC-er) -> cloudburst (BC-er)

[/quote]

Christ! Done the rounds, hasn't it?!
Is there any paint left on it?

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1342630901' post='1738322']
Christ! Done the rounds, hasn't it?!
Is there any paint left on it?
[/quote]

The really strange thing is that it is as close to mint as you could get!

Perhaps this is actually the only Bongo 4HH that has been made in this colour and everyone just thinks there are loads of them :-)

CB

Edited by cloudburst

• 4 months later...

Played the Bongo live at an event in O2 Glasgow on 30th November.
Listened to the DVD today for the first time and I have to say I'm really happy with the tone. I'm pretty high up the mix too, without being overpowering.
It's not often you get to feel happy with the sound of your own bass, and I normally hate listening to myself - so respect to the Bongo!

Here's a photo. I will attempt to post the video when I can.

CB

• 2 years later...

Just realised when buying something tonight from ryancowell25, that my Bongo has been around even more folk than I originally thought! How it's so mint is beyond me. Doesn't even have the obligatory headstock chip. :-) Here's its path...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]unknown (TB forum) -> garythenuke (EBMM forum Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, California) -> unknown -perhaps Strontium Dog (Kevin, somewhere UK) -> Playground_Martyr (BC-er) -> ryancowell25 -> cocco (BC-er) -> Robert Manning (BC-er) -> mikegatward (BC-er) -> cloudburst (BC-er)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CB[/font][/color]

Mine is well travelled also originating in the USA from a now deceased EBMM forum member. I'm the third owner, having bought it from a UK based EBMM and Basschat member. Perhaps they all are!!

Anyway I'm going to use the Bongo on my next gig and follow your advice on EQ settings to approximate a Precision sound.

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1341876251' post='1725664']Singer - she loved it. Wanted it even further up the mix. Further up the mix indeed

And the guitarist seemed a bit put out.

CB
[/quote]

There's a joke in there somewhere... :D ;)