Why become a member? ×

old zoom multi fx

Ant

had a little go on my really old pile of crap zoom 506ii,

if anyone out there loves all the crazy digital noises and madness i seriously recommend these zoom units.

i havent found any unit that has better sounding step filters and other 'crazy noise' things!!

Funnily, I sold my old Zoom 9050 rack to a guitarist years ago and I was amazed to find that he still had it recently, so I asked if I could borrow it to reacquaint myself with 'the old days'. It sounded quite cool with a certain 'lofi' DSP character. I have to say the bubble burst when I compared it to my Nova System! Wow. we really have come along way in terms of technology!

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1341346840' post='1717576']
Dunno about the zoom lolly; I always preferred a Fab or the humble Minimilk.
[/quote]

Nothing humble about the Minimilk... Understated deliciousness, the god of lollies!! I always through they should do a Maxi milk!!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1341845365' post='1725001']
My Zoom is only used for its tuning capabilities now
[/quote]

Same here.

Occasionally play with creating new patches (octaver-based) or on the rare occasion I use an effect live its usually the factory preset B5 for a bit of funky squelch or A2 for something a bit harsher (not saying either of them are brilliant patches but good enough for my (very) occasional needs). Use it more when noodling around on a guitar tbh.

I have been playing with an old Zoom 506 & plugging that in to my Boss 20B, I have now added a big muff & can make some lovely fuzzy loveliness :)
that added now with my Stagg upright I can make some very pretty warm "Woom" noises......it makes my lady giggle :D

I cant knock the 506 for the cash good toy for the money