Why become a member? ×

Fender Highway precision one or CIJ?

highwayone

I've played both. I've really really liked the highway ones I've tried, preferring them to the american standards. But the JPN stuff is wonderful too.
I would stick with what you have unless you have real problems with build quality etc.

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1341052114' post='1713201']
Will watch replies with interest as I've got a HW One Jazz and love it. If I consider (well more of a when I consider) a P bass, will def look at the HW One P's.

Deb

Any chance of a pic of your HW One P?
[/quote]

will have to take a decent pic of it, its in flat black with a tort scratchplate but I still have the original white one. Probably gonna sell it to get a sunburst one as I need one for a tribute band I'm in.

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1341060405' post='1713343']
From my own experience, I would put Japanese Fenders [i]ahead [/i]of American ones.
[/quote] ( I would too but you stir up a **** storm if you say that sort of thing!)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1341060543' post='1713346']
( I would too but you stir up a **** storm if you say that sort of thing!)
[/quote]

But I live in a household of women. I'm used to saying something 'wrong' every time I open my mouth :lol:

To edit what I said slightly, I've never had the opportunity to try a 'top' US Fender (custom shop or similar). I would hope for tip-top quality there.
For a more 'bog standard' Fender I've found the Japanese so much more value for money.

Put it this way, I have happily bought a CIJ Fender without trying it (thank you Tom1946!).
I don't think I'd do that for an American made one. Too many QC variables in my experience.

Edited by Len_derby

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1341060405' post='1713343']
From my own experience, I would put Japanese Fenders [i]ahead [/i]of American ones.
[/quote]

Japanese Fenders are certainly consistently very good. US ones are much more variable in my experience

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1341052114' post='1713201']
Will watch replies with interest as I've got a HW One Jazz and love it. If I consider (well more of a when I consider) a P bass, will def look at the HW One P's.

Deb

Any chance of a pic of your HW One P?
[/quote]

I haven't got experience with CIJ however I absolutely love my Highway One precision, simply the best bass I have played on just feels so nice and sounds great(I have upgraded the pickups) but the stock still sounded good. If the chance is there to A/B them then do

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1341097687' post='1713915']
I like that - very much, big time, quite a large amount, a LOT :heart: .

That would look so nice as a partner in crime to my HW One Jazz in flat black ... :ph34r:
[/quote]
I didn't know they did the flat black in the jazz base. You oughtta buy my p bass to keep it company the ! ;)

[quote name='highwayone' timestamp='1341099680' post='1713926']
I didn't know they did the flat black in the jazz base. You oughtta buy my p bass to keep it company the ! ;)
[/quote]
They do indeed .... if you decide to go ahead I shalll keep my beady eye firmly fixed upon this fine looking gentleman. Black basses look so nice on my off-white leather sofa :happy: .

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1341127083' post='1713980']
They do indeed .... if you decide to go ahead I shalll keep my beady eye firmly fixed upon this fine looking gentleman. Black basses look so nice on my off-white leather sofa :happy: .
[/quote]

Right! it's up for sale [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180474-fender-highway-one-precision-bass-l400/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180474-fender-highway-one-precision-bass-l400/[/url]