Why become a member? ×

Joyo "Vintage Phase" pedal. Anyone tried one?

johnDeereJack

Hi fellow BC'ers,

Been toying with the idea of getting a phaser but not really up for spending that much money on one (sub £50)
I was trawling YouTube looking for demo's of bass being played through phasers and came across a clip of an MXR M101 Phase 90 which sounded pretty good to my ears but at almost £80 new it's a bit more than I was hoping to spend.

With this in mind I was on e-Bay looking for second-hand Phase 90's when I came across these Joyo Vintage Phase pedals at around £30 all in and it seems they're being touted as MXR M101 Phase 90 clones.

I've read lots of favourable comments here on BC about other Joyo pedals but there's nothing about this phaser. Does anyone have one or has anyone at least used one, and if so, how does it compare to the MXR pedal it's supposedly based on.

I mean for £30 I'll more than likely just buy it but would appreciate some feedback if at all possible. :)

Thanks in advance,
Ian

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1339781241' post='1694360']
I wouldn't totally write off the Joyo...
[/quote]

No, definitely haven't written off the Joyo but I'll try the other suggestions side by side, see which one I prefer and check the Effects For Sale section here before moving on to Gumtree and eBay to see if I can get a cheap s/h one.

In all honesty I'll most likely just buy the Joyo, after all it's only £30 and their other pedals seem to be getting decent reviews on here.
I mean what can you get for £30 nowadays? Half a night out if you're lucky! :lol:

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1340013115' post='1697462']
It would be interesting to A/B them, the Boss, EHX & Joyo[/quote]

Gona try and get to GuitarGuitar to do just that on Friday avo after work (although the Joyo will be replaced by a Phase 90 seeing as they won't have a Joyo in stock and it's allegedly modelled a Phase 90) so I'll keep everyone posted. :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1339764442' post='1693949']
An EHX Small Stone is under £50
[/quote]

This would be my choice. They are very nice and warm sounding. I have the "Nano" version and I love it.

I have nothing against Joyo, I have their Ultimate Drive and I like it... but for phaser, the nano Small Stone is the one for me, and cheap too.

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='kizzer' timestamp='1341605090' post='1721824']
...Joyo pedals are sold on the Thomann Cyberstore... ...They've rebadged them as their Harley Benton line and sell for £24![/quote]

I did not know that... thanks very much for the information. :)

[quote name='kizzer' timestamp='1341605090' post='1721824']
...Joyo pedals are sold on the Thomann Cyberstore... ...They've rebadged them as their Harley Benton line and sell for £24![/quote]

If you only wanted one pedal you'd need to add it to another order, though - Thomann's p+p charges make buying the Joyo versions a cheaper option on Amazon (free postage). :)

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1341712977' post='1723144']
You can get the Joyo pedals from YooSmart with free delivery for £24, I think that's the cheapest option for them right now. There's a page on their site for the UK warehouse, they ship from over here so should come pretty sharpish.
[/quote]

Well spotted!

They also do discounts on 2/3/4 & 5 piece sets!

• 3 months later...

[quote name='terryat' timestamp='1350895002' post='1844644']
I have purchased one last month.The sound is good.You can get it to try.
[/quote]
Single post user, last active when this post was made, clumsy English.... seems like the Joyo guys have their scouts out astro-turfing .... :rolleyes: