Why become a member? ×

cacking my pants!

conversation this morning with ebay
hope this settles the matter for good!

Peter Gavitt
Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Peter. How may I assist you today?
skidder652003
hello
skidder652003
i have sold an item to a buyer. and i have some converns
Peter Gavitt
May I know your concerns please?
skidder652003
The item is very heavy and i speciffically asked for pickup only. They have informed me they will paypal me on monday (again i asked for immediate payment) and arrange a courier for wednesday or thursday. What are my responsibilities to see the item arrives safely to the buyer when i wanted pickuo only?
skidder652003
I have heard there is a scam where they say the item has not arrived and paypal takes the money from your account and you loose both the item and your money.
Peter Gavitt
Steven, if you have selected collect only you are not obliged to post item, pleaes ask the buyer to arrange courier and too when you confirm that you have received your payments.
skidder652003
what if they say the item has not been recieved? Is the obligation upon me to assure the item reaches the buyer or does my responsibility for the item end when the courier takes it away?
Peter Gavitt
If there buyer arrange their courier, the responsibilty will be at buyer's end.
skidder652003
Are you sure? i have heard that paypal consider the responsibility to be upon the seller to ensure the item reaches the buyer even if the buyer has arranged the courier and can refund the buyer if they claim the item did not arrive. This refund would come from the sellers paypal account. an you confirm or deny this?
Peter Gavitt
If you have selected collect in person, then you are not responsible for item to post, it is the buyer choice whether they want to collect or arrange courier, if they arrange a courier then they are responsible not you.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1338637107' post='1677440']
Well the OP has it in black and white from paypal themselves so there can be no further arguing... Oh hang on it's his (verbal) word against PayPal if the buyer asks for a refund once he's got the cab! :huh:

Let's start this argument again shall we? :lol:
[/quote]

His chat was with Ebay, not Paypal. And since Ebay say, formally in their t&cs, they will not interfere with a Paypal dispute and Paypal make it clear not to accept Paypal for a collected item...

...it's a gamble at best.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1338637657' post='1677452']
Anyone want to buy a bass cab?
[/quote]

I'll take it if I can book a courier? ;)

TBH I looked at this cab before it was flagged on here and were it not for the whole courier issue (which I can appreciate can be a pita for the seller to package up and send), I'd have had a pop at this.

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1338714513' post='1678218']
oh hang on havent recieved the money yet, bugger.... :(
[/quote]

Did matey pay up as promised? There could be a few of us on a high hat diet if they did ;-)

Edited by davehux

Just saw on the shipping label it was to be sent to Hungary!
Have refunded his paypal and sent the following
Hello
I am sorry but I have issued you a refund as I see the item was to be sent to Hungary!
I am really annoyed that not only did you not pickup the item as requested you now expect it to be couried abroad where i will have no protection from a paypal dispute if you claim the item did not arrive. The whole thing stinks of a scam and I am withdrawing the sale. I have checked with ebay and they say that as you did not collect the item and therefore stick to the terms of the auction, I am fully entitled to relist the item without any comeback. I would suggest you cancel the courier.

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1339053982' post='1682821']
Just saw on the shipping label it was to be sent to Hungary!
Have refunded his paypal and sent the following
Hello
I am sorry but I have issued you a refund as I see the item was to be sent to Hungary!
I am really annoyed that not only did you not pickup the item as requested you now expect it to be couried abroad where i will have no protection from a paypal dispute if you claim the item did not arrive. The whole thing stinks of a scam and I am withdrawing the sale. I have checked with ebay and they say that as you did not collect the item and therefore stick to the terms of the auction, I am fully entitled to relist the item without any comeback. I would suggest you cancel the courier.
[/quote]

What an absolute joke! I'd hate to think what the guy must have been paying to courier that to Hungary!

Hmmmm the plot thickens...
I noticed that on the buyers feedback someone had put " a liar, a thief and a wan*er! " even though it was a positive feedback. I contacted the person who left that and told them my situation. This was their reply

[i][size="2"][b]Dear skidder652003,[/b]

Thanks for getting in touch, yes I got billed twice for that transaction and still hassling ebay but they wont get rid of him as he makes them too much money apparently and let him get away with it. There may be another scam though, the second or third bidder bought my item (Radi54)and it appeared he may be hungarian too so they may be in cahoots. You can't leave neg feedback but you can leave neg feedback on the positive list which is what I did. I'm just waiting for him to sell something, then I'll take it from there. I don't like cheats and scamsters. May I suggest you block all payments to ebay until THEY get their act together? he shouldn't even be bidding if he doesn't pay. Paypal only listen to money not customers, they have no guts so you can't kick them there, kick them in the pocket where they feel it. Feel free to copy and paste this email when you contact ebay. Hope I've been of help. Kind regards, TT.[/size][/i]

[size="2"]Whats going on?[/size]

Good spot! :D Though as has been said, it wasn't a great idea to accept the Paypal payment and agree to a courier in the first place. I would have blown out anyone not abiding by the terms of the original listing as a matter of course. As the seller, [i]you [/i]dictate the terms of payment and collection, NOT the buyer. :)

Not Happy
message from buyer

[size="2"]What are you talking about?Are you joking with me?
I paid you on Tuesday via Paypal and there was my shipping adress in the paypal confirmation message.
Why haven't you told me this before???
At the moment I work in Hungary,that's why it will be delivered here.
I have bought more than 90 items from the UK and never had any problems,see my feedback.
Now I have to wait few days for the failed collection refund.
I am not happy with this.
So,it's up to you and I will leave you a negative feedback.[/size]

[size="2"]so replied[/size]

[size="2"][b]Dear ladybird079,[/b]

im sorry that you are not happy but you have to understand that i am very unhappy about shipping an item to another country. You have had some other negative comments on your feedback (even if they are itemised as positive.) I have contacted the seller who left you some negative comment and they also think you are a scammer and the fact that ive been messed around with this courier nonsense for a £50 cab has also made be suspicious. You also put the weight at 30kg on the UPS despatch order which is untrue as it weighs closer to 60kg. The cost to you to get the item to Hungary is probably in excess of £100 if the courier would even take it. Im sorry but negative feedback works both ways, so its up to you, I refunded all your money so whats the problem? Go buy another cab, theres loads out there.[/size]

well, said pickup only but nothing about non UK bidders but i thought as it was pickup they would only be UK bidders!
Guess i learnt my lesson. Got left a negative feedback now which is a pisser as i cant leave negative for this joker.
Left a sarky comment on his positive feedback comment, all getting childish now.. :)