Why become a member? ×

£1,000 for a Westwood Precision?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-4-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Package-15W-Amplifier-/230411529524?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35a598ed34#ht_3570wt_952"]http://www.ebay.co.u...4#ht_3570wt_952[/url]

Mind you, they are throwing in a 15W amp into the bargain, and
[b][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#ff0000]The price has included VAT and there is [/color][/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#000080]NO[/color][/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#ff0000] extra hidden charge!!![/color][/size][/font][/b]

It looks like they're saying "We don't actually have any at the moment and it would be extremely inconvenient if you bought one right now. But... If you're prepared to pay a grand for it then I'm sure we can manage something...".

The other day Johnston said something about it being cheaper for businesses to increase the price to stop people buying them than to take the listing down and re-list it later, or something.

but if they run out of 'stock' then the listing would end, resulting in the same issue.

eBay should be picking up on these little fee dodgers, but given the amount of money they now charge to sell stuff on there i certainly wont be reporting anyone ;)

[center][b][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#ff0000]The price has included VAT and there is [/color][/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#000080]NO[/color][/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=#ff0000] extra hidden charge!!![/color][/size][/font][/b] :search:[/center]

Well that's aright then! :P a bargain to be had there.....NOT! :D

Edited by clarkpegasus4001

KingBollock, looks like you are spot on!

I sent them a message asking, [i]"are you sure?"[/i]

Reply:
[i][size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]"Hi there, thanks for the msg and really sorry about the confusion. We've had some stock problem and will adjust the price back to normal as soon as it's resolved. Many thanks and have a nice evening!"[/font][/size][/i]

Edited by thebrig

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1338451569' post='1674644']

Reply:
[i][font=Arial, sans-serif]"Hi there, thanks for the msg and really sorry about the confusion. We've had some stock problem and will adjust the price back to normal as soon as it's resolved. Many thanks and have a nice evening!"[/font][/i]
[/quote]

Tell them you really wanted one though and had the grand waiting :P

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1338451569' post='1674644']

Reply:
[i][size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]"Hi there, thanks for the msg and really sorry about the confusion. We've had some stock problem and will adjust the price back to normal as soon as it's resolved. Many thanks and have a nice evening!"[/font][/size][/i]
[/quote]

So did you have a nice evening or not?

A

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1338471838' post='1675093']
So did you have a nice evening or not?

A
[/quote]
[b]NO! Grrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh![/b]
I've got a 'grand' waiting to be spent, and I was so disappointed that they didn't have any in stock! :dash1: