Why become a member? ×

Chord pedals

paul_5

These are "cheap as chips" at the moment and, based on my impressions of their ODB3 clone I ordered an OC2 copy - the OC-50. I have to say that it sounds almost identical to the glorious OC-2.

I'll post some clips sometime soon but I have to say that at the moment I'm loving their "made in the peoples' republic" sound.

Great bass tones paid for by the sweat of oppressed masses? I'm such a capitalist stooge. Funny, I'm still a cultural Marxist - how did that happen? :huh:

Are these product from tye same source as GLX pedals? I understand GLX, a budget pedal is made in the same factory as Boss pedals. They have the same controls and usually sound very similar to their Boss counterparts.

Two of the local music shops in Southend stock them (PMT and Allegro).

I bought the Chord bass EQ pedal before recording last month, after my SansAmp failed to turn up in time. It was great, lovely little pedal and I got a great tweaked sound out of it for the recording. Only cost me £30. Now I've got the SansAmp, it became redundant, so I sold it last week.

But I was pleasantly surprised, for the price, I didn't expect much but it was very versatile. I'd recommend it, and I might try some more of their pedals at some point :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bass chord pedals?

Have you seen these before?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_dtlrq-lcA[/media]

This seems almost exactly what I've been looking for in a chord producing pedal to fill out those "gaps" in a three piece's sound when the guitarist solos in songs.
I can't afford one at the moment, but I reckon I'll track one down when I can.

I like everything about it except the combined 5th above/4th below effect.
Doesn't sound right to me, but this may be just the YouTube audio.

Greg

Edited by OzzyGreg