Why become a member? ×

Markbass 102P with TTE500

Musicman20

I had a quick go on these whilst testing a Bongo.

My initial thoughts are:

The 2x10 is tiny and small.
The 2x10 is very loud for its size....very loud.
The amp head wasn't that exciting - but I didn't fiddle with it that much.

Both were built very well, and the cab impressed me after hearing bad reports on the Markbass cabinets. For its size/weight/price, it definitely is a good contender.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1337437824' post='1660002']
I had a quick go on these whilst testing a Bongo.

My initial thoughts are:

The 2x10 is tiny and small.
The 2x10 is very loud for its size....very loud.
The amp head wasn't that exciting - but I didn't fiddle with it that much.

Both were built very well, and the cab impressed me after hearing bad reports on the Markbass cabinets. For its size/weight/price, it definitely is a good contender.
[/quote]

Didn't Marco start off building amps specifically for Musicman? That would explain why the two go together so beautifully! :) I can see why a lot of people don't like Markbass cabs, they can bring out some unpleasant sounding mids from certain basses... I love mine though! :)

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1337442356' post='1660106']
How was the low end on the cab mate? Does it get close to the low end from an Aggie 1x12?...

Eude
[/quote]

Hmm, I think in volume it would win hands down, and the low end, from the bad reports I have heard, was actually very impressive :)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1337453081' post='1660402']
Hmm, I think in volume it would win hands down, and the low end, from the bad reports I have heard, was actually very impressive :)
[/quote]
[quote name='pietruszka' timestamp='1337458620' post='1660504']
I find the low end on my 102p excellent, it's had no problems filling a pub on its own! I love it, really clear, tight, punchy and more than enough bottom!
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback guys!
That little cab has always intrigued me, but I've never been sure about 10" speakers when looking for big volume, but I remember being VERY impressed with Ou7shined's MarkBass 4x10, one of the HF ones.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1337498228' post='1660762']
I have gas for 2 at the minute. I tried one and loved it, and i don't usually go for multispeaker cabs or 2x10 at all. no problem with low end.

MM20 was it vertical or horizontal?
[/quote]

Laid horizontal with the TTE in top. It was sat on top of a large cab underneath which wasn't plugged in (can't for the life of me remember what the cab underneath was).

Tiny footprint. Very punchy!

If you search musicman sterling on YouTube, one of their artists is testing a HS with two vertical 102p's.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1337510909' post='1661046']
Laid horizontal with the TTE in top. It was sat on top of a large cab underneath which wasn't plugged in (can't for the life of me remember what the cab underneath was).

Tiny footprint. Very punchy!

If you search musicman sterling on YouTube, one of their artists is testing a HS with two vertical 102p's.
[/quote]

Nice >> [url="http://youtu.be/rT_FrPUOo_A"]http://youtu.be/rT_FrPUOo_A[/url]

Eude

I had a pair of Markbass 2 x 10 traveller cabs. If I used both I stacked them vertically. Even the sound of one cab (vertically) is very sweet and fairly loud and deep for the size.

They are great cabs and I never understood the bad rep MM20 mentioned.

Frank.

I had 2 x 102p's and currently have a TTE 500 (which I absolutely love).
I can't imagine that one 102P and a TTE would be a good match as the 102 doesn't really have [i]low[/i] lows and the TTE has quite a controlled low end compared to the LM2 I also have. I did loads of gigs with just one 102P and the LM2.
2 of those cabs sound great though.

I now use 2x Markbass Club 121 cabs which suit the TTE more than they suit the LM2 .

Edited by Opticaleye