Why become a member? ×

Help me choose a colour!

TRBboy

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1337381267' post='1659272']
No love for Zebra Voodoo with black hardware? :gas:

[/quote]

Wow, that's nice! My existing KT is Black though, so I fancied something a bit more colourful. I love some of the coloured zebra finishes, but I don't think they would suit most situations.

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1337416182' post='1659479']
Well, Cherry Sunburst/Maple in the lead still, although Virgin White not far behind. Just realised they do the Brown burst high gloss on the KT too, might look nice with a maple neck...
[/quote]

Have to say I really like the brown burst on mine :)

I'm not sure how much extra the block inlays were as I didn't get a quote without but they can't of been much as I've seen basic cali TT's going for about the same price as I paid. I think Sandberg prices have gone up since then though as I was quoted higher but session said they could do it at the old prices.

Session Musik were great. My only issue with them is that you can't pay by card which was slightly annoying but if you use the postoffice's website you can send money anywhere in the world without any charges. My bank wanted about £30 per transaction which was really annoying as I paid a deposit then balance so there would have been 2 charges.

In fact I found it quite hard to get a quote. I contacted about 4 UK suppliers (as per the list on Sandbergs website) via email and they didn't even bother replying. Session came back to me really quickly and gave me prices on a few options as I changed my mind. I even spoke to them on the phone prior to ordering to check everything as they called me to discuss everything and make sure I was happy with the spec.

If a tough choice re colour etc. I kept changing my mind but I think you need to go with your gut and stick to that. Worked for me.

My toughest choice was whether to get aged or not. Glad I didn't on this one but I definately have a GAS for a hardcore masterpiece one now.

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1337356237' post='1658794']
If you scroll down to the Ken Taylor and click on gallery, there's a pic of a 4 string Virgin White, and a 5 string Cherry Sunburst with a maple board although it's got chrome hardware and a black headstock. It'll give you some idea though.
[/quote]

It's a no-brainer! :D

Thanks everyone for voting and sharing your opinions. I still can't decide though! I think if I go for the cherryburst, I'll have to pay extra for swamp ash to keep the weight down. My gloss black KT5 (which is alder) only weighs about 7.5lb!

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1337374791' post='1659145']
Yep, I don't think they make any bad basses! It's gonna be a long 12 weeks wait once I decide, although I need someone to buy my Greenburst Basic 4 before I pay the balance!
[/quote]
I cant believe its still there. I wish I had the money to buy it. I have a Pbass and a J bass and one day I'd like to add a Sandberg to the throng. Would be just right, well not quite. A music Man too and that would be my ideal armoury

UPDATE: Still can't decide......

Got the money for the deposit burning a hole in my pocket, but can't order because I can't bloody decide! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh! Option 2 is out for sure, but I have also been contemplating violetburst/maple.

This is driving me mental!
Don't think I've been in the position to order a new bass in whatever finish I want for about 15 years, so I'm not used to doing this!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, changed mind about the colour the next day! Hopefully I've done the right thing...

The order's been confirmed, i've paid the deposit, and they've even told me what the serial number is!

Now the worst part, WAITING! They've given me an estimated delivery of WEEK 40! This is going to be the longest 14 weeks ever!