Why become a member? ×

Traded: Lakland Bob Glaub USA

ryancowell25

Just a feeler at the moment.

Well my search for my dream Precision came to an end last week and I finally picked up a Lakland Bob Glaub USA sunburst. It is a fantastic bass in absolutely immaculate condition that sounds beautiful.

.................... the problem is I don't think at heart i'm a P-bass player .

I'm till uhming and ahhing over it but it just doesn't do it for me as much as my Jazz basses and i'm worried its now going to get put to the back of the pile.

So a tentative trade feeler, not looking to sell and I may still fall in love with it and withdraw but if you have anything of interest with a slimmer neck profile that you'd like to trade let me know.

The serial no is 14 so it's a very early example. It comes with Precision Pickguard cover, Dunlop strap locks and original Lakland case.

Looks like production is 2001

[url="http://www.lakland.com/tech-docs/serial-numbers.pdf"]http://www.lakland.c...ial-numbers.pdf[/url]

I've also taken the Flatwounds off of it and replaced them with a set of Alchemy Strings but will include them with the bass.

Send us a PM if your interested. Also can I make it clear this is NOT a Skyline so i'm looking for similar value basses please.

Edited by ryancowell25

:) think that's the smallest pic I've encountered on here.
I've made my eyes water trying to see it, looking forward to seeing a decent size one when you get it sorted.

I'm local to you but most of my instruments are P basses so nothing to trade.

[quote name='Max Normal' timestamp='1335968194' post='1638785']
I paid £650.00 for mine s/h. Wouldn't sell it though.
[/quote]

Not for a US one though?

IMHO the US Laklands are much nicer than the Korean made ones :)

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1335953904' post='1638448']
Can you give an idea of what value you are placing on the Lakland as it will help those who are considering trade options.
[/quote]

At the risk of repeating myself........

Edited by Hutton

Its difficult to say as there is not that much of a precedent of them on here but having looked online a new one will cost you upwards of 3000 US dollars in the States. I can't find a dealer in the UK.

Its early number and immaculate condition have a lot going for it as well. So i'm looking for higher end trade offers. Check the serial number link to see that there are not thousands of them and I believe Lakland has now changed hands and Bob Glaub no longer endorses the bass.

It is NOT a Skyline which are priced very differently.

Can I make it quite clear i'm not fishing for a sale but would like something of similar quality with a jazzier profile.

Will also check that nut width later

I am quite familiar with the prices in States, most of my family lives there hence 95% of the gear I have I get overseas.
If you go to places like www.basscentral.com (sort of like English thebassgallery) these basses for sometimes for even more than 3k US.
If you are very patient (and lucky) you can get one of www.talkbass.com for about 2k.
Nevertheless it's really hard to compare two markets, U.S. bass players are blessed with prices generally about 40% lower than bass chaps in UK.

Your Bass is beautiful mate, I wish I had something worth trading.
You said you got it last week....it seems like you don't have to get rid of it in a hurry....if I was you I would give it a little more time...there's nothing worse than second thoughts when it's too late....

Edited by Junglerog