Why become a member? ×

For Sale - Fender Jazz Bass 1983 Desert Sand with hard case

martinbrett

[size=6][b](This guitar has now been sold - Thanks)[/b][/size]

[b][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I am the bass guitarist of "Voice of the Beehive" & I am selling my Fender Jazz Bass 1983 desert Sand + hard case. I have owned it from new & it has appeared on 7 Top of the Pops & all our videos. The bass has also toured the world & been used at Glastonbury, Wembley, Reading & many many other venues. It is in perfect condition. At the moment it is for sale at Chandlers Guitar shop in Kew, London for £1,195.00 but I would take £900.00 for a private sale. Website here:- [/font][/size][/b]
[url="http://www.chandlerguitars.co.uk/product_Detail.php?ItemID=3475"]http://www.chandlerg...php?ItemID=3475[/url]

[b]My E mail is:- [email protected][/b]

[b]Mobile :- 07973 387 584[/b]

[b]Martin Brett[/b]

Edited by martinbrett

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1335802860' post='1636255']
Looks like one bridge saddle that's been replaced... is everything else original?
[/quote]

Yes it has. Everything else is original & has been serviced regularly. My road crew have always looked after it.

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1335799621' post='1636200']
Hi Martin

How are the frets - sounds like it's had a fair bit of playing :)

Cheers
[/quote]

Frets are great. Has been serviced regularly & my road crew have looked after it.

[font="Arial"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Hi. I have one of these '83 basses and I have to say they are both excellent and under-rated. When I bought it (for a lot more than is being asked here) I spent some time pulling facts and figures together about it. It featured quite a few innovations such as the Bi-flex truss rod, a beefed-up bridge, new style tuners, strap locks and a one piece pick guard. Mine is the same colour as this and is styled "Ivory". Whenever I play it I always get good comments about the sound. Perhaps that may be due to the bridge pick up placement, which is nearer the bridge than in current specs. I asked for the full spec from Fender and they sent it to me, as follows. Best of luck with the sale. It's a real bargain at that price.[/color][/size][/font]
[color=black][font=Arial] [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial] [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Model Name: [b]Standard Jazz Bass[/b][/size][sup][size="2"]®[/size][/sup][size="3"][b] (First)[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Model Number: 019-2300-(Color #) and 019-2302-(Color #)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Series: Standard Series[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Body: Alder[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Neck: Maple (Biflex Truss Rod with Tilt-Adjust)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Fingerboard: Rosewood Fretboard (019-2300) and Maple Fretboard (019-2302), 7.25” Radius/184 mm)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]No. of Frets: 20[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Width @ Nut: 1.50"[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Hardware: Chrome[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Machine Heads: New Die-Cast[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Bridge: Standard 4-Saddle Jazz Bass[/size][size="2"][sup]®[/sup][/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Pickguard: 1-Piece 1-Ply White Pickguard (No Chrome Control Plate)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Pickups: 2 Jazz Bass[/size][sup][size="2"]®[/size][/sup][size="3"] Pickups (Neck & Bridge)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Pickup Switching: N/A[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Controls: Volume (Neck Pickup), [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Volume (Bridge Pickup), [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Master Tone[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Colors: (506) Black,[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"](531) Sienna Sunburst, [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"](532) Brown Sunburst, [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"](549) Ivory[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Strings: Dynamaxx[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Unique Features: White Pickup Covers,[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Solid 1-Piece 1-Ply White Pickguard,[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]No Chrome Control Plate,[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Biflex Truss Rod with Tilt-Adjust,[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]White Plastic Skirted Control Knobs[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Source: U.S.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Accessories: [/size][/font][/color]
[size="3"][color=black][font=Arial]U.S.[/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial] MSRP: $750.00[/font][/color][/size]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]Specs: Prices and Specifications Subject to Change Without Notice[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]INTRODUCED: 7/1983[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]DISCONTINUED: 1989[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]DISCONTINUED COLORS: [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]COMMENTS: Uses same part numbers (019-2300 and 019-2302) as the American Standard Jazz Bass introduced in 1989. Maple fingerboards introduced in 7/1983, Rosewood fingerboard introduced in 1/1984[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Arial][size="3"]WRENCH SIZES:[/size][/font][/color][color=navy][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='martinbrett' timestamp='1335861605' post='1636943']
Thanks
[/quote]
Was it you ? I dont have the tape any more to refer to, although some of the tunes still float around in my head in my head (along with occasional glimpses of Melissa B) )

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1335878764' post='1637408']
Was it you ? I dont have the tape any more to refer to, although some of the tunes still float around in my head in my head (along with occasional glimpses of Melissa B) )
[/quote]

yes it was :)