Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Special

Jamesemt

[quote name='artisan' post='179755' date='Apr 18 2008, 02:02 PM']that looks really nice.
if you really want it & you can afford it i'd say buy it & enjoy.[/quote]

I do, I can, but I wont.

Phoned the shop up to see if there was any movement at all on price, bloke wouldn't budge - which seemed strange considering he was selling it on behalf of a customer...

TBH I'd want one with the original case. Sad thing was if the guy had made a token gesture (like £50 or something) I'd have bought it.

Just too much cash for the condition. Frustrating when I've got the cash, but can't find the bass. I'm checking ebay US/Talkbass classifieds three times a day :)

Edited by Jamesemt

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='179841' date='Apr 18 2008, 03:30 PM']I do, I can, but I wont.

Phoned the shop up to see if there was any movement at all on price, bloke wouldn't budge - which seemed strange considering he was selling it on behalf of a customer...

TBH I'd want one with the original case. Sad thing was if the guy had made a token gesture (like £50 or something) I'd have bought it.

Just too much cash for the condition. Frustrating when I've got the cash, but can't find the bass. I'm checking ebay US/Talkbass classifieds three times a day :)[/quote]

Talk to me dude, I'm selling two 70's Precisions...

"TBH I'd want one with the original case..."

As indicated above, I sold mine with the case but these aren't much to get excited about - just an early ABS style form-fit - a picture (the best I have ot the inside of the case) attached below:

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='179870' date='Apr 18 2008, 03:56 PM']Need an A neck, sadly[/quote]
If my info is correct the difference between a Fender A and B neck is 1/8th of an inch at the nut. I don't understand how that can make a real difference!

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='180199' date='Apr 18 2008, 10:43 PM']Cheers for the links. There's a gorgeous 83 Elite I on ebay, but its got a 1.75 nut width (which IS too big!!)[/quote]

The Elite is a different beast altogether, IMO.

I had a gorgeous one - also walnut - and the neck was like a wide, shallow plank of wood...