Why become a member? ×

New Dirty Loops Cover - Rollin' In The Deep

AndyBob09

I love it..... fantastic!

Can't wait to hear the original material they are working on. It's not everyone's cup of tea but they are extremely talented players.... I think they will be gaining a lot of work writing/producing/arranging some well known pop artistes from what I've been hearing.

I think they've been fairly clever in only so far uploading tweaked covers....... They have well know musicians/producers, A list pop stars all taking note! fair play.

Agree^^
With the contunued series of covers it seems fair speculation that they could have their aims set at supporting pop stars, which will probably be great and they will most likely make it, and make quite a bit of £€$ as well. I'm really looking fwd to their originals album coming out though!

Edited by BB3000S

They are an exceptional act and I love what they do. They certainly make me want to 'shed and have my respect totally. I won't buy their cds/downloads as it doesn't move me in the way I like to be moved but the WOW factor is undeniable. Great players, great arranging, great recordings. What's to complain about?

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1335464909' post='1631705']
Well this is my first introduction to this lot and I love it. I also don't know the original song or any of the other songs they have covered but musically I love what they are doing. I love the Britany cover they do. Great musicians.
[/quote]

You must be the only person in the country who has not heard Adele's "Rolling in the deep" then! :D

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1335465767' post='1631727']
You must be the only person in the country who has not heard Adele's "Rolling in the deep" then! :D
[/quote]

HEHE yeah I honestly have not. Going to try and never hear that song now just so it can pass me by :)

Must confess that despite admiring the playing from a technical viewpoint, I found the whole experience rather unpleasant. In fact, I prefer the Adele version by quite a long way. I've been considering a rock arrangement of this song with one of my bands though & I'm sure that would cause a similar feeling for some.

I love their covers of Baby and Circus but this one didn't do it for me either, felt a bit sterile in comparison. They have made me go and practise a lot and try and get silly harmonised fills into anywhere I can cram one though :D

[quote name='thepurpleblob' timestamp='1335356886' post='1629726'] They're a bit of a one trick pony at the moment. A shame because they are potentially fabulous. Their cover of Britney's Circus was, IMO, jaw-dropping. This is a bit dull in comparison. [/quote] i agree with you on this... a little bored of there covers... yep.. fantastic playing, yep.. amazing arrangements.. this seemed rushed... and a bit dull... they have the talent to do soooo much more... lets hope they deliver some original material...

just goes to show... technical ability doesnt mean too much, if the music isnt there..

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1335473796' post='1631948']
I wonder if people's opinions would be different if they had heard this on the radio rather than having the visual as well. I think some would be saying thats its a nice cover of the song.
[/quote]

They've clocked an opportunity to do something that they obviously love, and amongst musicians their technical and theoretical skills are obviously hugely impressive. Kind of like a contained viral sensation, so the visual aspect of it is just as important. Like all sensations though, the immediate 'wow' factor gets lost quickly, I think this is probably what's happened here.

• 2 months later...