Why become a member? ×

Lefty Ric ! oh my....

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1334261127' post='1613525']
This is my 70s one, the machinheads are pitted and the pickup pole pieces but the chrome is pretty good given the fact it was sprayed snot green,hacked to death and had the frets pulled out by some Cumbrian punks in the late 70s! Despite all this and the replacement scratchplate and TR cover the pickups and hardware are working and original and the trussrods are fine, it's a great player following a refret & quite few pounds worth of work by my local luthier! I was lucky with this one as I picked it up locally and spent nothing like what you are potentially going to on your lefty. Believe me bargains turn up in the daftest places. I'd hang on for one especially in this financial climate!
[attachment=104907:DSCF1539.jpg]
[attachment=104908:DSCF1541.jpg]
[/quote]

hehe! thats an awesome guitar with quite a story. :) if i was right handed i'd have that right off you :P (see what i did there... )

I am fairly torn about this. i'm still not sure, and leaning toward not going for it, but oh i don't know i think part of me is pushing for it. i'll sleep on it and conclude tomorrow.

Sometimes the heart rules the head I know :search: - just a thought why not ask Drew at the bass lounge to keep an eye out for you I think they offer a bass finding service - they will take the risk out of it for you?

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1334263341' post='1613593']
Sometimes the heart rules the head I know :search: - just a thought why not ask Drew at the bass lounge to keep an eye out for you I think they offer a bass finding service - they will take the risk out of it for you?
[/quote]

good idea :) is there a link i could follow?

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1334264038' post='1613613']
Have you posted a 'Wanted: lefty 4003' ad on BC......?
[/quote]

I never thought of doing this.... maybe i should have aye.... Silly Bobo :blush:

[b][url="http://manchesterbasslounge.com/"]http://manchesterbasslounge.com/[/url][/b]

Here we go he's a decent chap bought a bass off me last year.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1334264895' post='1613642']
But since you aren't, you left it alone?

Fretless bass punk, hmm.
[/quote]

Ha yes perhaps he had heard Punk Jazz and taken it literally! Dunno what he was trying to do to the poor thing, it had been truly butchered I have a load of pics of the rebuild I may post someday.

FWIW I've had 3 (and 1 not received, M.I.A.) Rics from the US. My '72 Azure was bought because I'd wanted one with that spec for 17 years and they're rare as hen's teeth; I bought it off ebay thoroughly expecting it to be a dog. It isn't, it's fantastic, and actually cleaned up really well. It is a risk importing a bass though and personally I think that once you've factored in the duty (mine was over £500) the bass in question looks too expensive for what it is, IMO.

HI

to find lefty RICK is REALLY big problem.I am right handed but I have problems with fingers on left hand /I am not able to "use" it on fretboard so I play as lefty...I play RH Rick as left.../you can see it here... it is on website I created and uploaded a month ago..in my Slovak language it is for Slovak and Czech enthusiasts.../

http://www.rickbass.rockerian.com/moj_mapleglo_lh.html

And there is a video from RIC factory made by some guy from Czech republic where RIC manager Bruce Hall is saying that they will make lefty Rics again in next /2011 / year... As we all know it didn`t happen...

Here is the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPiZlrr-OJw

I bought LH Retrovibe from very nice guy from here several months ago... What do you think of idea to replace pickups and put SD RB1? I am not experienced at all I started playing bass a year ago...

Cheers Jan

Well i emailed the guy back today to tell him that i won't be going for it after all. I said to him that it's pretty badly beaten for a 19 year old bass and that i wasn't happy with him under pricing it for lower duty. I've seen some very nice looking, far older Ric's about.

I guess i'll just have to wait a little longer aye. :rolleyes:

lol one thing i did think is that he may come back to me with a lower price... if he was to drop the price almost in half, after seeing better pictures of it's damage, then i may be interested...

• 1 month later...

I would take a good look at this, no doubt a local forum member could take a look for you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Previously-enjoyed-1980-Rickenbacker-4001-Lefty-Fireglo-excellent-condition-/270978363968?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f1791b240#ht_1474wt_1173

C